Hello from London

Aphorist84

Hello from London

Post by Aphorist84 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Greetings fellow guitarists!

Recently picked up my guitar again after a ~3 year hiatus (due to work/family stuff) and trying to get re-learn some pieces I've forgotten, as-well trying to learn something new.

I've been playing on-and-off since the late 1990s (more off than on maybe, but anyway...); since finishing university I was stuck in a rut playing the same 3-4 pieces, and gradually I've played less and less over the years until the aforementioned hiatus.

Now my guitar is re-strung, my current learning objectives are:
1. Re-learn: Asturias (Leyenda) -> so far its really tiring out my left hand
2. Learn something new: Carcassi Etude op 60/01 -> reading music is slow-going, but it coming back to me

Thanks for reading

George Crocket

Re: Hello from London

Post by George Crocket » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello Aphorist84. Welcome to the forum. Work and family do tend to get in the way. But sooner or later it sorts itself out. :mrgreen:

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Introduce yourself”