Introducing myself...

markfleener

Introducing myself...

Post by markfleener » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 am

Hi, I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself before posting anything. My name is Mark. I'm from Florida, left handed. I've been playing guitar since I was a teenager (over 20 years), finger picking for about half that. I enjoy baroque/renaissance guitar, flamenco, and even listening to the lute, as well as, some steel string stuff and underground 80s music. I've probably only learned around 20 songs, if that. I learned by ear (don't read sheet music). I've spent most of my time playing the Yamaha CS40 (22 13/16", 580mm scale length) because I really don't have much of a stretch, even find it difficult to do the 3rd fret, low E, to 7th fret, high E, stretch. I feel the Yamaha CS40 scale length fits my hand really nicely, although, I sometimes feel it's a bit squashed (crave a longer scale), so I'm thinking of getting a full scale 650mm, or perhaps a 610mm, and using the capo on the 2nd or 1st fret, as if it were the nut, on most of the songs I play, BUT, even on the CS40, I sometimes use a capo on the 3rd fret, so I'd be playing with a capo on the 5th or 4th fret (which might be a bit constricting unless I get a cutaway) for a few songs if I were to use a 650mm or 610mm scale guitar. Anyhow you can find me on facebook and youtube. I really just came here to post a question about scale lengths, what makes a 3/4th or a 7/8th scale guitar, as I thought that I was playing a 7/8th scale guitar (the Yamaha CS40), but now I'm finding that the 610mm guitars are considered 3/4th scale, so yeah, I'm just a bit confused.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Introducing myself...

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 am

Hello Mark and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Introduce yourself”