New Member.

Paul.

New Member.

Post by Paul. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Good evening every one
My name is Paul from south Scotland.
I am new to Classical/Spannish Guitars which I find fascinating and have just acquired a cheap BM Spannish guitar from e - b a y
Which I just re strung yesterday. I know it's not the best out there but it will be good enough to get me started I .
I am learning Hallejuah but with normal chords for now finger picking , and its coming along nicely but I'm rusty and new.
My Goal is to learn the fret Board notes to open up my use of the whole guitar neck
To improve my skills .regards Paul.

Erik Zurcher

Re: New Member.

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Hello Paul and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jason Kulas
Student of the online lessons

Post by Jason Kulas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 pm

If you're interested, there are free Classical lessons here. You can get feedback on your progress from other players. If you take all the courses, it's the equivalent of 6yrs of music school. If you take the optional final exams, apparently it has official status in France, and would count towards your entrance requirements if you were to apply to study music there. The forum for the classes is: viewforum.php?f=41 . The post about registering is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023 . And the FAQ about the course is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687

The classes here don't seem to teach basic music reading, or some basic info about beginner Classical guitar use. You may want to supplement the lessons here with extra reading/explanatory/pictorial material. I like the very popular "Solo Guitar Playing" book/CD series by Frederick Noad (includes teaching how to read music, and detailed explanation of technique). Noad gets you quickly into playing some musically pleasing practice pieces. You may also want additional explanatory/instructional videos. I like the free ones at https://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/lessons/ (includes teaching how to read music in his free book, and detailed demonstration of technique). The Noad is my favorite of all the beginner approaches I've looked at, but they all offer something unique and valuable, and all have their fans.
Last edited by Jason Kulas on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck with learning. :)

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

Welcome Paul! Hope you enjoy the forum.

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

Welcome :)
2018 Yamaha gc42s
72 Yamaha gc6d
76 Yamaha g220
71 Yamaha g100a
(At the moment)

Paul.

Post by Paul. » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Thank you Every one for the Warm welcome much appreciated.
Trying to learn Spannish romance. Finding it hard to get that big stretch and barring is pretty tough too .
But all new to me so far thanks Gents

AggabaggA

Post by AggabaggA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Hey Paul
Don't knock those old BM guitars by Admira I played one for years & when she was young had a voice to make women weep! Romanza may seem tough to start with, when that left hand starts to ache put the guitar away for 10 mins lay the hand out flat for a bit, then go back, don't try to work through the pain too much too soon,, persevere and you will get there! It will become "an easy piece" although may not seem like it is until the muscles get to know how to behave,,,,you're new here as am I so welcome!! Regards Matt
"I've had 3 wives & 3 guitars......I still play the guitars". Andrés Segovia.

Return to “Introduce yourself”