Greetings from Louisiana

danielainsworthcg

Greetings from Louisiana

Post by danielainsworthcg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Hey!

My name is Daniel and I am a classical guitar player, teacher, composer, and arranger from Louisiana. I've been playing guitar (acoustic, then classical) since 2007. I started by teaching myself with hours of rote practice one summer in middle school and have since developed a passion for the instrument in all its glory. I took lessons in public school from 2010-2012, then studied at Centenary College of Louisiana, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a BA in music. During that time I performed a senior recital which included a wide span of works from Villa-Lobos and Albeniz to Mark Francis (modern Southern guitar composer) and Carcassi.

My main interests around the guitar include: practicing (currently working through the Carcassi etudes again), composing (I've written a dance suite for guitar trio and a more modern sounding "haiku" for 2 guitars), arranging (pop and classical tunes), and teaching (I have c. 10 students, 3 of which are classical guitar focused.

Other than that, I am one of the founders and the director of the fledgling Shreveport Classical Guitar Society, which is an amateur group of musicians performing solo and ensemble pieces. We've had just 2 concerts so far, which were well attended, and are busy working on a third one to take place in late June.

I hope to stay connected and share compositions/arrangements with other like-minded folks on this site! Thanks already for being friendly!
I remain,
Daniel Ainsworth
Director, Shreveport Classical Guitar Society

oski79

Re: Greetings from Louisiana

Post by oski79 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

danielainsworthcg

Re: Greetings from Louisiana

Post by danielainsworthcg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks my friend!
I remain,
Daniel Ainsworth
Director, Shreveport Classical Guitar Society

Return to “Introduce yourself”