US $.3500 Samuel Carvalho cedar 2013, Cleveland

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
YeramYoon

US $.3500 Samuel Carvalho cedar 2013, Cleveland

Post by YeramYoon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi! My name is Yeram Yoon and I’m an undergraduate guitar student at the Cleveland Institute of Music. I’m in my third year of study with Jason Vieaux and Colin Davin.

I would like to sell my Samuel Carvalho double-top guitar. This instrument was handcrafted for me and has been with me for several years now enduring extensive traveling, competitions, festivals, etc. Consequently, it has a couple wear marks but it doesn't affect the sound in any way.
Below are the specs for the guitar as well as some demos that highlight its sound (check out the youtube links). Please excuse my lack of musicality/rhythm :lol:
I will also attach photos.

- Type / luthier: Samuel Carvalho Classical Guitar
- Year of construction: 2013
- Scale length (mm): 650mm (Standard)
- Nut width (mm): 52mm (Standard)
- Top: Western Red Cedar (Double Top)
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other): Nomex
- Back / Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony / Indian Rosewood
- Sound: Focused, Crisp, Loud
- Condition: Great
- Price: $3,500 (List Price: $5,000)
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes!
- Location (nearest city): Cleveland, OH

Extra/Finer Details:
- I'll include a hard shell case
- Neck: Mahogany
- Head Veneer: Indian Rosewood
- Tuners: Rubner with roller bearings - these are very smooth tuners
- Finish (Guitar): Synthetic Varnish
- Finish (Top): French Polish
- Slightly elevated fretboard for easier access to upper registers
- Slightly radiused fingerboard for easier barres
- Jumbo frets for easier playing and less finger pressure
- Clear trebles and basses - excellent focus (great for projecting in a hall)

As mentioned before, it has some wear marks on the guitar. This doesn’t affect the sound whatsoever. It is still loud, clear, focused, and excellent for performance. I’ve won a handful of competitions with this instrument and I’ve received positive feedback from several other guitarists including Sharon Isbin, Carlos Perez, and Joao Figueiroa. If you’re looking for a concert-grade instrument but do not wish to spend a fortune, then this would be a perfect choice.

And of course, you’re always welcome to try out the guitar! I am in the Cleveland area at the moment so you’d have to meet me at my school to test it out. I unfortunately don't own a car.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyX4xncsQdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlXHDrJ2yX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrTeR9aYZRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9sH1Se0KM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQAmqWnjjeQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Intune

Re: US $.3500 Samuel Carvalho cedar 2013, Cleveland

Post by Intune » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi Yeram, Very nice guitar. Best of luck with the sale. In your Demo #4 video you play a transcription of "Hymne a l'Amour," a beautiful song made famous by Edith Piaf. Could you please tell me whose transcription you play? I would love to get it.

Thanks very much.
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

Intune

Post by Intune » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi again. Please ignore my last request. I found out after a little digging that the arrangement was done by Roland Dyens. Lovely piece...and very nice playing on your demo videos, by the way!
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

TheEvan

Post by TheEvan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Great playing!

Renee's Dad

Post by Renee's Dad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 am

Lovely sound, at a very good price. A month ago I would have probably taken the bait, but as it is cannot now do so - those year end bonuses just go too fast. Perhaps next December, if it’s still available, I’d be interested.

I really enjoyed your playing - good luck to you.
혹시 ... 한국분이세요? 윤예람?
Box, wooden - six strings each.

Cordoba C10 SP/IN (2016)
Spruce/flamed Maple of unknown pedigree

YeramYoon

Post by YeramYoon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you for the positive feedback!
I’m open to price negotiations by the way!

YeramYoon

Post by YeramYoon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Renee's Dad wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 am
Lovely sound, at a very good price. A month ago I would have probably taken the bait, but as it is cannot now do so - those year end bonuses just go too fast. Perhaps next December, if it’s still available, I’d be interested.

I really enjoyed your playing - good luck to you.
혹시 ... 한국분이세요? 윤예람?
Although I’m Korean, I can’t speak it very well :?
I do speak Korean to my parents and can read it fairly slowly, however :lol:

YeramYoon

Re: US $.3000 Samuel Carvalho cedar 2013, Cleveland (Price Lowered)

Post by YeramYoon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:51 pm

YeramYoon wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm
Hi! My name is Yeram Yoon and I’m an undergraduate guitar student at the Cleveland Institute of Music. I’m in my third year of study with Jason Vieaux and Colin Davin.

I would like to sell my Samuel Carvalho double-top guitar. This instrument was handcrafted for me and has been with me for several years now enduring extensive traveling, competitions, festivals, etc. Consequently, it has a couple wear marks but it doesn't affect the sound in any way.
Below are the specs for the guitar as well as some demos that highlight its sound (check out the youtube links). Please excuse my lack of musicality/rhythm :lol:

Extra/Finer Details:

As mentioned before, it has some wear marks on the guitar. This doesn’t affect the sound whatsoever. It is still loud, clear, focused, and excellent for performance. I’ve won a handful of competitions with this instrument and I’ve received positive feedback from several other guitarists including Sharon Isbin, Carlos Perez, and Joao Figueiroa. If you’re looking for a concert-grade instrument but do not wish to spend a fortune, then this would be a perfect choice.

And of course, you’re always welcome to try out the guitar! I am in the Cleveland area at the moment so you’d have to meet me at my school to test it out. I unfortunately don't own a car.

Thank you!

Last edited by YeramYoon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YeramYoon

Re: US $.3000 Samuel Carvalho cedar 2013, Cleveland (Price Lowered)

Post by YeramYoon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:52 pm

YeramYoon wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Extra/Finer Details:

Thank you!

Renee's Dad

Post by Renee's Dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Ah, still love the sound of this guitar. I'll be in Detroit late this month (my 14-year old daughter's volleyball team is playing in Nationals), and was thinking of driving to Cleveland to give this one a test play. I fear I'll be far too preoccupied with the volleyball to take that much time out, but it's a thought.

Good luck here.

Cordoba C10 SP/IN (2016)

YeramYoon

Post by YeramYoon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Renee's Dad wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm
Ah, still love the sound of this guitar. I'll be in Detroit late this month (my 14-year old daughter's volleyball team is playing in Nationals), and was thinking of driving to Cleveland to give this one a test play. I fear I'll be far too preoccupied with the volleyball to take that much time out, but it's a thought.

Good luck here.
Oops! I forgot to mention that test trials will be delayed until early September since I’m away from Cleveland for the summer. Sorry! :(

Renee's Dad

Post by Renee's Dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:53 pm

YeramYoon wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Oops! I forgot to mention that test trials will be delayed until early September since I’m away from Cleveland for the summer. Sorry! :(
Not a problem - like I said, it would probably be difficult to fit that trip in. I'm just dreamin' a little...

Cordoba C10 SP/IN (2016)

teddyofarrell

Post by teddyofarrell » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Beautiful playing and the guitar sounds excellent as well! Best of luck with the sale and with your studies.
2016 Cordoba Lmtd SP12 Spruce
2001 Hector Marrero, Cedar
"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart." Andres Segovia

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”