US $.3200 Di Mauro Concert spruce 2018, Santa Cruz

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
Di Mauro

US $.3200 Di Mauro Concert spruce 2018, Santa Cruz

Post by Di Mauro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 am

Type / luthier: Classical Guitar by Joel Di Mauro
- Year of construction: 2018
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Nut width: 2 inches
- Top: Engleman Spruce
- Bracing: Fan Bracing
- Back / Sides: Koa from Hawaii
-Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Bolivian Rosewood
-Neck: Indian Rosewood (inspired by Arthur Overholtzers idea of IRW necks)
- Sound: Warm, Romantic
- Condition: Brand New
- Price:$3,200 US Dollars
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes viewing/no trial period
- Location (nearest city): Santa Cruz, CA

Hello All
I'm a Classical Builder near Santa Cruz, CA. I've been building for about five years and studied guitar building with Brian Burns up in Fort Bragg, CA. I'm currently offering guitar #19. My guitars are French polished and include a hard shell case. I only deal face to face as of now, so I would have to meet up with potential buyers to show them the guitar. Santa Cruz is close to the Bay Area. Please PM me if interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anthony DeMers

Re: US $.3200 Di Mauro Concert spruce 2018, Santa Cruz

Post by Anthony DeMers » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am

Beautiful work Joel! I really want to see what that rosewood neck feels like.

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am

Now thats a pretty guitar! Wils I wasn't 4000km away! Lol
2018 Yamaha gc42s
72 Yamaha gc6d
76 Yamaha g220
71 Yamaha g100a
(At the moment)

Di Mauro

Post by Di Mauro » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 am

Jason wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am
Now thats a pretty guitar! Wils I wasn't 4000km away! Lol
Thank you very much for the nice compliment, Joel

Di Mauro

Post by Di Mauro » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 am

Anthony DeMers wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am
Beautiful work Joel! I really want to see what that rosewood neck feels like.
There is a slight difference. It feels a lot more stout/stiff then traditional Spanish Cedar necks.... Love me some Spanish cedar though, but this was a interesting neck to make. It dulled my tools way quicker then working with Spanish Cedar for sure and it was really hard to carve. I got this idea from Arthur Overholtzers book, which has some different ideas about constructing a guitar. Come by soon and give it a spin, or if I'm down your way I'll bring it with me.

Anthony DeMers

Post by Anthony DeMers » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Nappingdog

Post by Nappingdog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Lovely looking guitar. I played a Koa Conde one time and it was great.
Mark A, tupelo MS
Chris Carrington cedar 1995
Cervantes(la Mancha) LE Milenia 2011
Kenny Hill(la Mancha) Munich 1998
Martin om-21 steel 2015
Mitsuru Tamura 500 spruce/indian 1975
J Ramírez 1a 1974

Di Mauro

Post by Di Mauro » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Nappingdog wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:25 pm
Lovely looking guitar. I played a Koa Conde one time and it was great.
The Koa is beautiful! This guitar I built has a great sound, it’s very clear and bright but has a warm sound also. It’s very balanced through out the fretboard. Thanks for checking out the guitar and the nice compliment.

bear

Post by bear » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Beautiful work.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Di Mauro

Post by Di Mauro » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 pm

bear wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 pm
Beautiful work.
Thank you Bear, it’s nice to get compliments from guitar enthusiasts here on Delcamp.

bhill

Post by bhill » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:04 am

Beautiful guitar. I recently stopped by a local fine guitar shop in Palo Alto and had a chance to have a look and play two of your guitars. I won't put myself out there as a guitar expert but I have to say they were both special...great tone, great workmanship...clearly built by someone who cares about their work. This guitar looks wonderful as well.

Di Mauro

Post by Di Mauro » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:24 pm

bhill wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:04 am
Beautiful guitar. I recently stopped by a local fine guitar shop in Palo Alto and had a chance to have a look and play two of your guitars. I won't put myself out there as a guitar expert but I have to say they were both special...great tone, great workmanship...clearly built by someone who cares about their work. This guitar looks wonderful as well.
BHill. Thank you so much for checking out my guitars at Gryphon, and the encouraging words. Guitar playing and building are a huge part of my life. I really enjoy it when I hear from players who enjoyed trying one of my creations. I continue to build to make people happy with music, and continually learn about this fascinating instrument.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”