GB £.1850 (reduced from 2200) Juan Hernandez "Luthier" model, spruce 2018, Edinburgh

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
RobMacKillop

Re: GB £.1850 (reduced from 2200) Juan Hernandez "Luthier" model, spruce 2018, Edinburgh

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am

Thank you. Still available.

RobertSz

Re: GB £.1850 (reduced from 2200) Juan Hernandez "Luthier" model, spruce 2018, Edinburgh

Post by RobertSz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Sorry for bothering you, but based on information posted by you I assume you are going to buy Hernandez Torres. I have never found any recording of this particular guitar on the Internet. Have you ever had an opportunity to compare this guitar to Adalid Torres? If so what is your impression?

I also have another question. Based on information received from companies both Adalid model (Esteve) and Maestro (Hernandez) currently have lattice all in wood. Have you ever had a chance to play these guitars and compare the sound? Currently I'm in possession of Esteve 9C/B and Esteve 11 and I'm very curious about these guitars. I play without using finger nails. I live in Poland and I can't compare these guitars on my own.

I have to admit that I was also interested in Hernandez Luthier (australian lattice). The price is very attractive, but buying guitar without playing it beforehand is not a wise thing to do. Moreover I would like to compare it to the guitar with cedar top.

Regards, Robert Szmigielski

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Sorry, Robert, I'm now just selling, not buying too.

By the way, Juan Hernandez have a "special" Torres, better woods, amazing rosette, etc, but they don't advertise it. If interested, drop them an email.

I played the Adalid/Esteve Torres in London recently, and was not at all impressed. Too heavy.

Buster

Post by Buster » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:31 pm

RobertSz wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm
Sorry for bothering you, but based on information posted by you I assume you are going to buy Hernandez Torres. I have never found any recording of this particular guitar on the Internet. Have you ever had an opportunity to compare this guitar to Adalid Torres? If so what is your impression?

I also have another question. Based on information received from companies both Adalid model (Esteve) and Maestro (Hernandez) currently have lattice all in wood. Have you ever had a chance to play these guitars and compare the sound? Currently I'm in possession of Esteve 9C/B and Esteve 11 and I'm very curious about these guitars. I play without using finger nails. I live in Poland and I can't compare these guitars on my own.

I have to admit that I was also interested in Hernandez Luthier (australian lattice). The price is very attractive, but buying guitar without playing it beforehand is not a wise thing to do. Moreover I would like to compare it to the guitar with cedar top.

Regards, Robert Szmigielski
Where did you see that the Maestro is lattice, I thought the luthier model is lattice?

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 pm

The Maestro is described as Double Top, and is latticed. The only difference under the hood seems to be that the Maestro's lattice is formed from a combination of spruce and cedar, whereas the Luthier's is just spruce. Otherwise they are both on the same level.

I'm perfectly happy with both the Maestro 10-string and the Luthier 6-string, though the latter is now surplus to requirements. I repeat, it is a great guitar at a fantastic price.

RobertSz

Post by RobertSz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Thank you very much for informations.
Received information from Hernandez:
- Maestro is got Lattice system all in wood (mixing cedar and sprouce in the bracing)

- Luthier is got Lattice system in balsa wood reinforced with carbon fiber strips. This is the Australian version

- Maestro Special, which is the highest -end model is got the Lattice system all in wood with double top and nomex inside

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Robert. It's hard to completely compare my two models, as the Maestro has 10 strings, but they both seem loud and clear.

RobertSz

Post by RobertSz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Thank you very much.
I would like to find out more about the guitar Hernandez "special" Torres.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Sorry, I suggest you write to them directly - my contact was Sergio: j.h@guitarrasjuanhernandez.com - and ask about their "Best Copy Torres" - that's what they call it. They will send you photos and other details. Sergio writes well in English.

RobertSz

Post by RobertSz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Thank you, I am very grateful.
Regards,
Robert

Kaius

Post by Kaius » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

Is the guitar still available Rob? Just checking as I keep dreaming.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Yes, I've been keeping it for you, Kaius! :-) But I will not reduce the price any further. I hope you can get the money together. Good luck!

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”