US $.7800 Richard Howell 'Fleta' cedar 2017, Albany, NY

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
maxixe

US $.7800 Richard Howell 'Fleta' cedar 2017, Albany, NY

Post by maxixe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Type: Classical
Year: 2017
Scale: 660mm
Nut: 54
Top: Western Red Cedar
Bracing: "Fleta Style"
Back/Sides: East Indian Rosewood purchased in 1978
Fingerboard: Gabon Ebony purchased 1980
Sound: Robust Fleta Traditional sound
Condition: Excellent - Nail marks on French polish and back of neck
Price: 7,800
Viewing: Trial is possible

Selling my 2017 Richard Howell classical built in his well known 'Fleta Style.'

I ordered the guitar personally for $10,000 USD from Richard in search of that great robust traditional Fleta sound ... and the guitar delivers 100%

Condition is excellent and the guitar is barely even broken in. You will find the usual light marks due to the French Polish. The back of the neck has thumb nail marks as well which just do not seem to come out in photos at all. Extremely playable set up.

The full construction materials are in the photos as sent by Richard.

Richard is making only 2 (maybe 3) guitars a year at this point. This is an amazing opportunity to own a basically new Howell Fleta at a major discount without the wait.

Included a hard shell Hiscox Case.

The guitar is only being sold due to hand injuries that are at this point irreversible ... I sadly have no use for the instrument any longer.
Last edited by maxixe on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

maxixe

Re: US $7,800 Richard Howell 'Fleta' Cedar 2017 Albany, NY

Post by maxixe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm

06924966-862C-4D34-8AFB-67CE4310F012.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxixe

Post by maxixe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxixe

Post by maxixe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:08 pm

If administration is able to rotate the photos, please do. I don't see any way in the editor to do it myself or how to organize them more logically. Apologies!

wombosi
Amateur luthier

Post by wombosi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Nice looking guitar.
So sorry about your hand. That must be heartbreaking.
She's a bit too rich for my blood, but I wish you good luck selling it!

maxixe

Post by maxixe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:44 am

wombosi wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm
Nice looking guitar.
So sorry about your hand. That must be heartbreaking.
She's a bit too rich for my blood, but I wish you good luck selling it!
Thank you, yes it’s essentially now a journey to find a new identity. I almost liken it to quitting smoking - there’s a void to fill. Except the big difference is I didn’t smoke cigarettes for a living .... but boy if I could!

riffmeister

Re: US $.7800 Richard Howell 'Fleta' cedar 2017, Albany, NY

Post by riffmeister » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 am

Beautiful! GLWS!

maxixe

Re: US $.7800 Richard Howell 'Fleta' cedar 2017, Albany, NY

Post by maxixe » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm

riffmeister wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 am
Beautiful! GLWS!
Thank you!

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”