Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista - Video

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
hav

Talarn, Paco - Cançó trista - Video

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:15 am

Paco (pakillo) gave me permission to record and post this beautiful piece that he composed. I did this one after only a couple of evenings memorizing and practicing it so I'll probably make a new one in the furure - but I really have been chompin' at the bit to share this with the gang here in the English forums.

When giving me permission to record and present this piece, Paco gave me some insight into his impetus - what a wonderful (and sad) confirmation of what I felt when I first heard it...

From Paco:

This piece is a silent and impotent cry, that surface in the hours immediately following the loss of a much-loved member of my family, who during my childhood shared many long afternoons of guitar and love.

It is a sad song dedicated to my grandmother, who died, after bitter agony, spent in silence, caused by accursed alzheimers that lasted for many years.

Anyway - I hope my attempt at performance will do justice to the beauty and sadness of the piece - and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

I will also post an mp3 of it -- you can hear and watch pakillo's performance on the French forums - and the score is in the "you own creations" forum there as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hav on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:29 am

A very touching piece... beautifully composed and performed.

Merci Pakillo... Thank you hav....

:casque:

owl

Post by owl » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 am

Azalais wrote:A very touching piece... beautifully composed and performed.

Merci Pakillo... Thank you hav....
My sentiments exactly... my heart touches yours :flowers:

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Trystramys

Post by Trystramys » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:01 am

beautiful! both the piece and performance!

but i must say that it seems the sounds seems "farther away"? :(

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:00 am

Thanks y'all - I think Paco's piece pretty much plays itself.

Trystramys - I did record this in a different room but still using this silly little webcam and its mic (which I have confirmed is only 8-bit mono and biased for human voice range) - the tinny highs are nasty, I know, and Russ also tryed cleaning them up but I think he had as little success at it as I have so far. I just need to get a mic I guess.

Redserpent

Post by Redserpent » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:45 am

Hi Hav, lovely, lovely. Well played.

Red

mark34

Post by mark34 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:01 pm

Hi Hav,

Very beautiful music played with feeling. I enjoyed the listening very much.

Thanks.

Mark

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:21 pm

thanks mark and red -

I think pakillo has registerd in the english forums as well - maybe drop him a note as well - he really deserves the credit for writing a piece which pretty much plays itself and seems universally evocative! I feel a bit of a fraud - my part was just to keep my hands from getting in the way of his music :sage:

Florentin Tise

Post by Florentin Tise » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:55 am

Hav,

I thank you for playing this piece so beautifully. I have had such a long day, and I am simply exhausted. I am sitting down, listening to you play. It is heavenly.

Yes, Pakillo wrote a wonderful piece, and he plays it lovely. And you do to. Thank you.

Marek Cupak

Post by Marek Cupak » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:12 am

Hi hav. The piece is beautyful, but I had problems finding it on french forum :oops: May I ask you to upload it here please?

hav

Post by hav » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks Flo and gizmo64 -- hey gizmo64 - I can't upload the same vid trwice on delcamp (rules) but paco's - aka pakillo - version is there in the video forum and his mp3 in the "your creations" forum on the French side.

Rich9999

Post by Rich9999 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:59 am

That was very nice playing, I really enjoyed that.

Rick :)

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:17 pm

You are WAY too modest, my friend. This was beautifully played, with a great deal of soul. :bravo:

Also a gorgeous and moving piece. I'm going to see if I can navigate the French forums and try to find the score...

Thanks for sharing and letting us know this piece is out there.

hav

Post by hav » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:59 pm

Thanks y'all - and - GS - paco allowed me to post the score on my junk pages as well - link onthe main junk page in the best of a bad lot table for this piece.

Freeman

Post by Freeman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:33 pm

I have a tear in my eye... very beautiful, yet sorrowful

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”