Coronel, Marcelo - Pachamama

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Sean

Coronel, Marcelo - Pachamama

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 am

The first movement from Marcelo Coronel's Imaginario popular argentino, Pachamama.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kenbobpdx

Re: Coronel, Marcelo - Pachamama

Post by Kenbobpdx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 am

Sean,
Nicely done. I am not familiar with the composer at all. I looked at your website link and it seems that you have a knack for finding and playing (well I might add) some lesser known composers. How do you find such great pieces?
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 am

Ken,

Thanks! I have a deep love of South American composers, and Marcelo Coronel is an up-and-coming composer. I'm hoping to stir some interest in his music by posting a few of his pieces here at Delcamp. As far as finding great pieces, I've got folks here at Delcamp to thank!

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 am

It really is incredible that I can log on here, hear an interesting piece played well and leave with yet another possibility to seek out and try playing. It is such a far cry from my early days of going through stacks of music in the sheet music store without knowing really how a piece may actually play or sound. Of course, I now have far more sheet music than I will ever get to to and I keep adding to the piles as I get introduced to new music on this forum!

I really appreciate those members here that are actively sharing new composers' work. And I totally get your love of South American composers. There seems to be some great work for the guitar coming out of that continent.
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:47 am

I know the feeling about the piles of sheet music. I've sold untold sums via the fleabay site - I've come to realize that all I really ever want to play is South American music and the early 20th century works . . . and Anton Garcia Abril!

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 am

It was a joy to hear you play this music, Sean. You drew me in from the first note to the last. :bravo:

Is that the Reynoso we are hearing?

Cary
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 am

:bravo:

That was great, Sean. I liked the music and your playing was very engaging. So warm, yet just a wee bit melancholy.

:merci:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 am

:bravo: Sean. Thank you for introducing us to the music of Marcelo Coronel. I love it!
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:28 am

Loved it!

Thank you very much, Sean. In case you don't know, there's a lovely recording of the "Imaginario" (not sure if it is complete) on one of Victor Villadangos' Naxos CDs and the Welsh-Argentine Guitar Duo plays Coronel's "Yerbita Companera" on its Voyage to Patagonia CD,

Best wishes, V :D :bravo:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

oski79

Post by oski79 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am

Beautifully done, Sean. I am looking forward to seeing you again next month, and playing some guitar with you.

...even though you can play circles around me!
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:24 am

jamiecrock wrote::bravo:

So warm, yet just a wee bit melancholy.
:lol: This is almost word for word what my 3rd grade teacher wrote about me on my report card.

Cary, Vesuvio, Erik, and Jamie - thanks for you kind words! I appreciate them. Cary - the Reynoso is coming home to Papa on July 8th.

Rich - I'm looking forward to this year, too. I've got to memorize a few more things, but I didn't have anything under my belt last year!

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

Absolutely beautiful. :casque: :casque: :casque:

I'm going to investigate Coronel's music after hearing this.

:bravo:

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Denian, thank you! I appreciate your input greatly.

Marcelo has a website and there are some free downloads there. I've talked to him about the Music de los Andes that Christopher Dorsey recorded. I don't think Marcelo had a good experience with Chanterelle publications, and he may be looking to go the downloadable pdf route. Temple del Diablo is a set of 7 pieces - I believe the final 4 are downloadable at the website and the first three are published for sale there. There's a newsletter to subscribe to as well.

serl

Post by serl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

That's really beautiful recording, Sean. :casque:

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:17 pm

lazy_s wrote:That's really beautiful recording, Sean. :casque:
:merci:

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”