Which method?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
lamecrow

Which method?

Post by lamecrow » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:56 pm

I could use some advice. I am able to read music, tune a guitar, and find notes. I am on a fixed retirement income and would rather not have to pay for a teacher (although I realize this would be preferable). I am looking for instructions on learning guitar. I prefer a PDF format for instructions and music. I do not want video. Will your on-line classical guitar lessons help me with this?

BugDog

Re: Which method?

Post by BugDog » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Well I think the on line lessons are video based. I don't have any direct experience with them since I don't have the band width to participate.

From what feed back I overhear about them, they're pretty good. If you just want to jump in you can down load a public domain method. You can find links to some of those under Methods in the line just under the banner. There's a Delcamp generated Sagreras method under Sagreras also.

Near the bottom of the forum index page, there's a Scores for Classical Guitar D01, D02, D03 section. That might be a good starting point too.

There's a lot that can go wrong going the self taught route. Go slow. Don't get too hung up on "progress". Ask a lot of questions. Research as much as you can. Try a lot of different things. This forum is your friend.

Good luck
BugDog
There's one in every crowd.

Jules Catbird

Post by Jules Catbird » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 pm

I think the books by Julio S Sagreras are wonderful .
I have use them for many years and teaching, so I from the first few pages in book one getting you oriented, they are filled with delightful short and accessible études.
The real beauty in these books is that they are fingered for BOTH Hands, as most books don’t give you much of a right-hand fingering.
These books are available in PDF on the Delcamp forum here.
The nice thing is they gradually evolved and get harder and work you higher up the neck, and they are very musical and Playable.

There are a few major scales in the back of book one, which probably should be supplemented with other scales and technical studies.

I have had students who worked on the Aaron Shearer method and we’re bored to death, and wanted to quit because they wanted to be “playing“.

You might want to take a lesson or two from A qualified teacher just to make sure you doing the rest strokes OK and your posture is good.

You can supplement those books with other books, but they are an excellent place to start-really fun and very clear.

Hope this helps,

JC
Last edited by Jules Catbird on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brynmor

Post by Brynmor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:37 am

I would also suggest the Sagreras route, together with a few lessons with a teacher to get you started.

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Brynmor wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:37 am
I would also suggest the Sagreras route, together with a few lessons with a teacher to get you started.
Only a small addendum: The Sagreras "Lecciones" are here:
https://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/ ... reras.html
For a very thorough approach, you might use the Pascual Roch method which is here:
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... itare.html

Bernhard

Randy Johnson

Post by Randy Johnson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 pm

I agree with the the rest about the Sagreras books. I am working on the first one and really enjoy it.

The Delcamp on-line lessons include printable PDF lesson and video to go along with them.
you will have to share videos of your progress and get involved with with the others in your lesson group.
I have not done the Delcamp lessons yet but will be starting them this year so i cant tell you very much about them.

fast eddie

Post by fast eddie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks for the great inks Bernhard.
:\ :merci:
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Spruce
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”