"Tips" for guitarists

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Dmitry Nilov

Re: "Tips" for guitarists

Post by Dmitry Nilov » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! :noel: :noel: :noel:

Here is my last clip made in the previous year.

The Etude №16, created by the contemporary of the Viennese classics, is one of the plural SIMPLE pieces for the classical guitar.
The purpose of this video is to show the work with the simplest phrasing and articulation, as well as the technical part of performing.

All the best,
DN

Dmitry Nilov

Post by Dmitry Nilov » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

One of my students decided to learn Capricho árabe by Francisco Tárrega. And I recorded the Skype-lesson with him. With English subtitles.

I don't speak here about any abstract things: no philosophy, no discourse about images and cosmos.
Only the performing art in practice. The fingering, techniques, working with dynamics and common rules of music.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

All the best to everyone! :D

DN

rpavich

Post by rpavich » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 pm

I don't have any specific comments about the technique except to say thank you for this and what amazing playing. What in the world does it take to play like this? I can't imagine ever even coming close to this skill level.

Dmitry Nilov

Post by Dmitry Nilov » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm

rpavich wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 pm
I don't have any specific comments about the technique except to say thank you for this and what amazing playing. What in the world does it take to play like this? I can't imagine ever even coming close to this skill level.
Thanks for your appreciation! :D There is no secret: my performing skill is based on freedom only. Ger rid of tension everywhere in your right hand and you'll see the result. I'll be happy if my tips help you in this! :merci:

Dmitry Nilov

Post by Dmitry Nilov » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 pm

My next tutorial is dedicated to "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" by Francisco Tarrega.

It is one of the most popular (or even the most popular) piece that was ever created for classical guitar.
It's also named "The Etude-Tremolo" which means laborious work not only with the technique of tremolo, but also right management of the right hand's work of a classical guitar-player.
Several most important issues should be pointed out:
1) freedom of the wrist;
2) the right hand's position towards the strings;
3) touch;
4) the independent conjoint work of i- and p-fingers;
5) playing tremolo with different pairs of fingers;
6) playing tremolo in reverse sequence (p-i-m-a);
7) the strength and independence of fingers.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”