After some time away, am attempting Couperin piece

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
rburns

After some time away, am attempting Couperin piece

Post by rburns » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Having just re-activated my account after health problems prevented me from participating in the delcampclassicalguitar forum for quite some time, I am now attempting to learn Couperin's Les Barricades Mystériouses, but I am wondering if anybody here might recommend a version that would be perhaps a little more accessible to my sixty-six-year old fingers.

At any rate, now that my rheumatoid arthritis is under control and enables my left hand's fingers to play more pieces, I am very interested in what others may offer in terms of advice. As a professor taking cello lessons at Arkansas State University as well as a full teaching load, my times does not allow me to pursue private lessons with our university's classical guitar instructor Professor Tim Crist, so I thought I'd consult you good people.

I look forward to any responses, and I am grateful to be returning to this fine forum.

Rick Burns

DerekB

Re: After some time away, am attempting Couperin piece

Post by DerekB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 am

The version that I use is the one by Les Backshall on the Our Scores section of this forum.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”