I'm Lost

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Marlene Finch
Student of the online lessons

I'm Lost

Post by Marlene Finch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm

:chaud:
Greetings All,

I just signed up for the DO1 level, and am almost ready to post my first audio of the lessons.
But, I'm lost......
I've tried PMing 2 moderators, but received no response... Because, apparently, somehow, I NEVER SENT the messages.
I don't know how, I thought I recalled hitting the submit button. Plus, I continue to show that I have a private message, even though I've read them all.
Now, I've always known myself to be geographically challenged; I just hadn't realized that my challenge applies to board forums. :roll:

Can anyone offer some direction?
1) where do I post the lesson (I think I can figure out how to post)
2) what do you think might be going on with messages/no messages.

Thanks So Much!
Cheers!
Marlene

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: I'm Lost

Post by Rick Beauregard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Videos are posted on the lesson threads started by JF Delcamp at the start of each month labeled, for example/ “D01 Classical Guitar Lesson 01”.

As far as submitting, I often have submittals not take. Then I hit submit again and create a duplicate. Kind of a klugy system or iPhone or maybe it’s operator error.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

lagartija

Re: I'm Lost

Post by lagartija » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 am

Marlene Finch wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm
:chaud:
Greetings All,

I just signed up for the DO1 level, and am almost ready to post my first audio of the lessons.
But, I'm lost......
I've tried PMing 2 moderators, but received no response... Because, apparently, somehow, I NEVER SENT the messages.
I don't know how, I thought I recalled hitting the submit button. Plus, I continue to show that I have a private message, even though I've read them all.
Now, I've always known myself to be geographically challenged; I just hadn't realized that my challenge applies to board forums. :roll:

Can anyone offer some direction?
1) where do I post the lesson (I think I can figure out how to post)
2) what do you think might be going on with messages/no messages.

Thanks So Much!
Cheers!
Marlene
Rick has answered the question about where to post your lesson audio. As for the other items, if the message is no longer in your "outbox", it means that the person to whom you sent the message has opened it. If it is still in your outbox, it has not been read by the recipient. The moderators are volunteers and are here when they can be....and if the moderator you sent your message to is out of town, they will not answer because they haven't signed on to the forum! The moderators are in different time zones, so perhaps the moderator was asleep when you sent your message to a particular one. :D I have been known to sleep... :wink: If the moderator answers your message, you will see a message in your "inbox".
As for the submit button....lately there has been a delay in posting messages or replies to threads. The hang up happens on the confirmation page. So what I do is open another tab and look at the page where I expect to see my post. Often it is there, even though the confirmation page is still thinking about it. We aren't sure why the software does this, but it could be because the server is loaded down in some way.

Hope that all helps! Oh...if you want to ask for help from the mod team, put your message in "Messages to Administrator". That will usually get someone's attention. :D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”