Momoti by Antonio Lauro

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
TheBeerBaron87

Momoti by Antonio Lauro

Post by TheBeerBaron87 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Why isn't this song that popular? There are 3 video's tops on youtube. Also, does anybody here play the song? do you play the entire song or do you cut certain parts like Victor Villadangos' interpretation?

musicbyandy

Re: Momoti by Antonio Lauro

Post by musicbyandy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 pm

TheBeerBaron87 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 pm
Why isn't this song that popular? There are 3 video's tops on youtube. Also, does anybody here play the song? do you play the entire song or do you cut certain parts like Victor Villadangos' interpretation?
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "that" popular? I'm not sure to what "that" refers. I'm guessing that you mean: Why isn't Momoti by Antonio Lauro more popular than Momoti's current popularity?"

I'm not aware of a song version of Momoti. I only know Momoti as a waltz for solo guitar. Did Antonio Laura publish any songs? If yes, I would love to play and/or hear Lauro's songs.

markworthi

Post by markworthi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 pm

I think he's asking why this piece appears not to be as often played as some of Lauro's other compositions. In fact, I think there are lots of other deserving pieces by Lauro that have not gotten the Youtube imprimatur, for some reason or other.

Ricflair

Post by Ricflair » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:12 am

TheBeerBaron87 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 pm
This wasn't played much or published until well after Lauro's death. It is newer to the public. There is a video of Luis Zea playing this piece on YouTube. He is Lauro's greatest student and true authority on the music of Lauro. I am positive however he is playing it is the proper way.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”