First Face to Face Lessons

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
celestemcc

Re: First Face to Face Lessons

Post by celestemcc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:04 pm

And that's not expensive at all by East Coast standards!
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

jscott

Post by jscott » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:10 pm

That's a good rate where I live as well. It's what I pay and honestly I feel like I'm underpaying my teacher.

Tom Poore

Post by Tom Poore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:28 am

Sebastian wrote:180$ a month and 4 classes?
That would be 45 dollars per class. Wow kind of expensive. Also take into account I'm not from USA (Argentina) but an hour class IF a professor goes to your house is about 8-10 dollars equivalent.
But hey if you can afford it and works for you, great.
In the United States, a McDonalds fry cook makes about $9 per hour. A teenaged baby sitter makes roughly $12 per hour.

I doubt there’s a single college educated guitar teacher in the entire USA who charges $10 per hour or less. In fact, $45 per hour is on the low side.

Also bear in mind that the cost of living in the USA is higher than in Argentina. Different countries—different norms.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Tom Poore wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:28 am
Sebastian wrote:180$ a month and 4 classes?
That would be 45 dollars per class. Wow kind of expensive. Also take into account I'm not from USA (Argentina) but an hour class IF a professor goes to your house is about 8-10 dollars equivalent.
In the United States, a McDonalds fry cook makes about $9 per hour. A teenaged baby sitter makes roughly $12 per hour.

I doubt there’s a single college educated guitar teacher in the entire USA who charges $10 per hour or less. In fact, $45 per hour is on the low side.

Also bear in mind that the cost of living in the USA is higher than in Argentina. Different countries—different norms.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Makes sense, different countries, different rates. Hell I even remember one therapist told me one of their patients lives in USA (L.A.) and teaches tennis, charging 100 dollars per hour, I was amused, but then again, Los Angeles should be a very expensive place.
You're reading this.

micklerd

Post by micklerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 pm

guitarist_le wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:26 pm
180$ a month and 4 classes?
Wow! That's unheard of, at least in my town. I'm in Nebraska from the US. These were the cheapest classes I can find. My original instructor would've been $240/mo. $60 for an hour.
Yeah, going rate here in Seattle (USA), is $60 -$75/hour. And you go to their studio.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”