ideas for a quartet piece?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
CrisJoaquim

ideas for a quartet piece?

Post by CrisJoaquim » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 pm

I'm in a guitar quartet this semester of college as I was last semester and I've been trying to find some nice quartet pieces over the weekend preferably with sheet music readily available. The previous semesters we've played albeniz pieces, piazzolla, tarantella, malaguena and this time I've been looking for something a little more modern and just something a little different in general so I'd like to see what recommendations people here would have, if you can point me to where I can find the sheet music or purchase it that would be a plus as I definitely do need the music for us.

So far I've found one piece that I'd love to play which is "Samba de viento" by Shigeru Matsuoka, although the big issue I've had is that I cannot find the music, the only way to get it seems to be to order it from japan but that may take too long to arrive. Learning by ear isn't really viable although I'm completely open to putting in the time to learn it by ear, my partners have far more busy schedules than I do to be able to do so by the time we have to perform.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, done a fair bit of my own research but I want to see all of the options I have before we choose a piece.

chien buggle

Re: ideas for a quartet piece?

Post by chien buggle » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 am

I'd recommend checking out the Dublin guitar quartets albums for a bit of inspiration. They are bitchin

Sebastian

Re: ideas for a quartet piece?

Post by Sebastian » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 am

You're reading this.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”