Sagreras, speed

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
NylonStrung

Re: Sagreras, speed

Post by NylonStrung » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 pm

I have the same Sagreras book and you're right, the tempo is not indicated (at least in book 1). I just assume that the idea is to start playing the pieces slowly and build up the tempo to one that you are comfortable with. In books 2 and 3 there are vague tempo indicators (such as Andante, Tiempo de Vals etc) but no metronome figures.

Randy Johnson
Student of the online lessons

Post by Randy Johnson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 am

Lorette wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 pm
I agree with Paul. I love the music of Calatayud and have learned almost all the pieces in this book…a very Spanish sound.

I would also recommend “Fifty Easy Classical Guitar Solos” by Jerry Willard. It contains easy and interesting pieces by all the great masters, Sor, Carulli, Carcassi, Giuliani, Tarrega etc. I enjoyed this book, plus it comes with a CD so you can hear what the pieces are supposed to sound like. This is a good book to start with.

Although I am familiar with some Sagreras pieces, I have not seen the book you are referring to, so I do not know which piece you are talking about. Does it have a name?

As for proper tempo...I learn a piece and play it at a tempo that sounds good and is comfortable for me. Some people may play it faster or slower, but that is what makes it personal, your own feeling and interpretation.

There is a lot of easy and fun music in all of Delcamp’s PDFs especially 2 to 4.

Take your time and enjoy your guitar.

Lorette

Does the 50 easy classical guitar solos have fingering ?

Lorette

Post by Lorette » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Stickyhead wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 am
Lorette wrote:
I agree with Paul. I love the music of Calatayud and have learned almost all the pieces in this book…a very Spanish sound.

I would also recommend “Fifty Easy Classical Guitar Solos” by Jerry Willard. It contains easy and interesting pieces by all the great masters, Sor, Carulli, Carcassi, Giuliani, Tarrega etc. I enjoyed this book, plus it comes with a CD so you can hear what the pieces are supposed to sound like. This is a good book to start with.

Although I am familiar with some Sagreras pieces, I have not seen the book you are referring to, so I do not know which piece you are talking about. Does it have a name?

As for proper tempo...I learn a piece and play it at a tempo that sounds good and is comfortable for me. Some people may play it faster or slower, but that is what makes it personal, your own feeling and interpretation.

There is a lot of easy and fun music in all of Delcamp’s PDFs especially 2 to 4.

Lorette

Yes, Stickyhead, it has fingering as well as tabs and notation.
Lorette

Randy Johnson
Student of the online lessons

Post by Randy Johnson » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 am

Lorette wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:09 pm
Stickyhead wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 am
Lorette wrote:

Lorette

Yes, Stickyhead, it has fingering as well as tabs and notation.
Lorette
I ordered it and received it yesterday, :merci:

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”