D04 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Andrei Puhach » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:27 am

- page 93 Francesco Roggi Lu primm'ammore

I tried to avoid squeaking noise as much as possible. It was more difficult than expected. Also, this rushing up in front of a camera... It should be played a bit slower.
I also noticed that the better my tone gets the clearer I can hear the natural guitar tone color. It sounds very... cedar.
Cordoba C9

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 am

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:27 am
- page 93 Francesco Roggi Lu primm'ammore

I tried to avoid squeaking noise as much as possible. It was more difficult than expected. Also, this rushing up in front of a camera... It should be played a bit slower.
I also noticed that the better my tone gets the clearer I can hear the natural guitar tone color. It sounds very... cedar.
Lovely - You have a great tone. It was said of Segovia that He wouldn't play anything other than a Cedar guitar - it has a beautiful warm mellow sound.

I'm not sure if it should be played any slower. The tempo sounds about right to me - perhaps slow certain sections down a little and play a somewhat more rubato.

But overall, excellent - this was not an easy one to crack!

:bravo:
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:42 pm

These are rushed to finish so just one take warts and all

Exercice opus 35

Barcarolle

Lu primm'ammore

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:42 pm
These are rushed to finish so just one take warts and all
Well done for completing these pieces. Its always a difficult decision as to how much time and effort to put in when you are dropping behind - I know this only too well. Sometimes its just better to get them out of the way and move on. I am facing exactly the same dilemma with the pieces I am behind with.

Having said that you have these pieces mostly right with just a few hesitations and wrong notes. You have a good playing position and are producing a nice tone from your guitar.

Time now to put these pieces behind you and move on to lesson 7s pieces.

Good luck and keep up the good work. :D
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm
Time now to put these pieces behind you and move on to lesson 7s pieces.

Good luck and keep up the good work. :D
Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Hope your finger improves quickly.

Kirkland Gavin

Post by Kirkland Gavin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm

sounding good everyone. me Im slow but playing quite a lot. I have a mental block when it comes to recording video I find I make more mistakes. haha
anyway yes nails and finger length, I got some nail hardener its ok but ages and changes color. I have a split on my M finger that I have been trying to fix for awhile. anyway play on

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this recording/videoing 'malady.' I have just begun to try recording some pieces (in preparation for starting in D01 in the Fall). So I play a piece reasonably well, and then decide to record/video myself - and boom, the mistakes pile on.

Yes, I think I better stay with my day job!

Kirkland Gavin

Post by Kirkland Gavin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 pm

sounds good just need to work on them more. You know memorize the music so it becomes more fluid.

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Glad to hear I am not the only one with this recording/videoing 'malady.' I have just begun to try recording some pieces (in preparation for starting in D01 in the Fall). So I play a piece reasonably well, and then decide to record/video myself - and boom, the mistakes pile on.

Yes, I think I better stay with my day job!
We all experience this problem at first. My advice is to spend more time playing full pieces in front of the camera, until you can learn to forget about it.

Accept that you will make mistakes while recording at first.. with time it becomes easier. This is one of many roadblocks you can anticipate hitting. :lol:

I'm on lesson 5 and it often still takes me several takes to "forget the camera".

Don't let it discourage you, just keep trying! Also, realize we understand this phenomena.. so we understand if all recordings are not always perfect ;-)
I know next to nothing about everything.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”