Nelson Lee wrote:Hi Everyone. The following videos are my D01-03 Lesson pieces with the following focus:
1. Slowing the tempo, tapping the beat, internalizing the beat.
2. Minimize unnecessary LH movement and keeping my pinky bent.
3. Minimize "clicking" sound of RH picking. I had to cut my nails for health reasons, so I using specialized picks in these videos.
4. Relaxing my RH while picking and reaching for guitar strings high E and B.
Again, I have included video with and without metronome beats. Moreover, I counted the beats with the metronome while playing.
Please feel free to give me feedback. Thanks so much for the support, Nelson.
Nice work, Nelson. Your right pinky is relax and I can see the dexterity of your right hand fingers and good rhythm, too.
But there are something you might want to focus: eliminate unwanted noise:
1. The "clicking" sound of your right hand is not good (in La Cucaracha), you may want to find out the reason that cause the sound and fix it. I often touch the string with my flesh part first and the nail part second. Check out this video at 8:15 [media]https://youtu.be/TJ36c3_6jks&t=8:18s[/media]
2. You tap your foot too loud (especially in Lundi Matin), I recommend you tap with your toe only. I used to tap my whole right foot, and after a while it became more and more tired, so I had to change to my left foot. ==> tap the whole foot is tiring and costs more energy than just your right big toe. And when you want to record or go to stage(play live to audience), the tapping noise is not good, and it doesn't look good on stage, also.
Best regards. You're improving so fast, Nelson