D02 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jules Wilkins
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:29 am

I have really been struggling with Malaguena. I can do the part with the tricky finger switcheroo reasonably well when I practice it alone but when I tie everything together I muck up all over the place. I still cannot do the fast bit that follows except at very slow speeds. So I am caught between pressing ahead to try to catch up and doing a better job of this lesson. I think however that it is time to post my effort to date and in the interim to keep practicing Malaguena (and also Que Ne Suis-Je La Fougere from lesson 1) on pretty much a daily basis while pressing on. I have it in mind to post a revised Malaguena later. We shall see if I follow through.

"We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve." — Bill Gates
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement." — unknown

Lucian Bistreanu

Post by Lucian Bistreanu » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am

Jules, for somebody who is struggling, I think that you are doing pretty well with Malaguena.
:bravo:

Lucian

Rajesh Dhungel

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Hi everyone hope everyone is doing well with the assignments.

These are my submission for D02-02.

D02 Jean Franois Delcamp Malaguena

D02 02 exercise number 40 page 84

D02 02 Exercise number 6 page 73

Please :casque: :merci:

:bye: Hope you guys are having good time.

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Rajesh - well done. I especially liked the Malaquena. A couple of suggestions. To me, your left wrist is bent more than it should be. As you move further with your studies this may hinder your progress. Try raising the neck of your guitar higher and this should help reduce the bend. Like me, you have a flying "pinkie" when it is not being used, which I am told causes tension in the rest of the hand. As you practice, try to focus on relaxing that finger and keeping that finger tip close to a string. Again, well done. Looking forward to your next set of exercises.

Ed

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am

Rajesh Dhungel wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Well, I :casque: and all I can say is :bravo: Malaquena is is difficult piece and you managed to hit all the right notes without missing a beat. I may be working on lesson 3 but I still play Malaquena several times per day and spend time working on the difficult sections. Ed is probably correct suggesting you raise the neck a bit to which I would add trying to adopt a parallel position with the left hand. From everything I have heard (from anybody who is any good at least) while eye level with the head is standard if you are going to deviate then higher is OK, lower not so good. But hey I am still desperately seeking a position where I can get a parallel attack. Not easy, at least for me.
"We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve." — Bill Gates
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement." — unknown

Nelson Lee

Post by Nelson Lee » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:07 am

Rajesh, Nice work. I like the smoothness and mellowness of you sound, and you make it look so easy! :D Regards, Nelson.

Rajesh Dhungel

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:52 am

Thankyou Nelson and Jules

Rajesh Dhungel

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 am

Jules Wilkins wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 am
Rajesh Dhungel wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Well, I :casque: and all I can say is :bravo: Malaquena is is difficult piece and you managed to hit all the right notes without missing a beat. I may be working on lesson 3 but I still play Malaquena several times per day and spend time working on the difficult sections. Ed is probably correct suggesting you raise the neck a bit to which I would add trying to adopt a parallel position with the left hand. From everything I have heard (from anybody who is any good at least) while eye level with the head is standard if you are going to deviate then higher is OK, lower not so good. But hey I am still desperately seeking a position where I can get a parallel attack. Not easy, at least for me.

You can try bending one leg over the other just like super models do and place your guitar over thigh. This may help!!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”