D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Andrei Puhach » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:07 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:34 pm
Here is my version of the Carulli prelude - still a little slow as I find some of the position changes awkward when I try to speed up.

Very good, Dave! I don't think it is necessary to speed it up. There are little mistakes in the bass line at 0:11, 0:36 and 0:40 though. Otherwise very clean, all transitions are perfect.
Cordoba C9

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 pm
Hey Colin, that's not bad for 4hrs of practice. Did you do this in one or many sittings? As of memorizing, I think it is good enough to know how to play fragments (including shifts) from memory, and only use the sheet music to find out how to stitch up the fragments.
This was one sitting. There were 2 false starts that I deleled so this was 3rd recording.
I know Prof suggests posting after 1 week and I think this is because if we all posted in week 4 there might not be any real discussion; however I do wonder whether what I posted is really helpful?
Certainly your comment is useful, problem is I am loathed to memorise something I might not want to play again, maybe I have to rethink this accept a temporary memory file!
Strangely the Streghe is growing on me :D

DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons

Post by DaveMoutrie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Paganini, Niccolò - Ghiribizzo n°17 Le Streghe

I'm really really struggling with this piece - not sure why, but it could be partly down to over practicing. Trying far too hard to get all the notes right to be able to concentrate on dampings, dynamics and so on. Shame really as this is quite an interesting piece.

The answer may be to take a break and come back to this. In the mean time apologies for submitting a piece with so many mistakes. Not long till the exams now and I have to get all my qualifying pieces in. I'll submit a better version time permitting.

[media]
[/media]
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”