D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jules Wilkins
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Ed Butler wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:35 pm
do you do that on purpose?
Not on purpose, I simply slipped into old habits without realizing it. The reasons I think were twofold. The first is that Vase doesn't employ the left pinky finger until it has to play the A on the first string in the third section, while the arpeggio uses it more extensively. A good hand position is needed if the pinky is to have any real hope of hitting the strings on its tip, while the same is considerably less true of the remaining fingers. I am finding that thinking about the thumb and keeping the hand parallel is less advantageous than thinking about the position of the pinky, as when I do the latter the hand naturally moves to a superior approach. Thinking about it now, this likely accounts for the fact that the third section was less legato than the other sections. Add in the fact that the hour was late plus the fact that I was paying more attention to the music than my hand positions and you saw the consequence. I actually noticed my poor left hand position prior to posting but I just shrugged it off, posted and went to bed. Old habits are hard to break and the parallel position just isn't as natural yet. For what it is worth, it is easier to put my left hand in position now that I started using the guitar support, I just need to keep working at it.
Thanks for the observation. Just remember, do what I say, not what I do! :oops: Left hand attack is important and if you share my tendency then you also share my challenge.
"We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve." — Bill Gates
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement." — unknown

Rajesh Dhungel

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 am

Hi how are you guys doing!!

There are my lessons submission for D02: 04

D02 04 Ferdinand Caruli Valse en la majeur

D02 04 Jean Francoise Delcamp Scale in Mi mineur

D02 04 Ferdinand Caruli Arpeggi Di Tre Note

Thankyou please :casque:

:merci: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Rajesh - well done. Very little movement in your right and which is great. AS you move forward you may want to look at coming closer to the neck with your left hand - that would help stress on your left hand fingers as the pieces and practice get longer. Looking forward to your future posts.

Ed

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”