D05 Classical guitar lesson 05

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
luis alberto garcia
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by luis alberto garcia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello everyone, I leave my two interpretations of this session, I await your comments.
Greetings.

Etude III opus 60

El sueño de la muñequita

:bye:

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 am

:bravo: Hello Luis:
I am a fellow student sort of...I am tackling years D01 and D02 with hopes that I will be good enough come May to pass the exams. From time to time I listen to someone's submissions in a higher grade to give me some idea of where I am hopefully headed in the not too distant future. No practical advice from this aspiring student but you do get my praise and admiration. I very much enjoyed your playing both just to listen to and to encourage me to keep persevering. Very well done indeed.
"We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve." — Bill Gates
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement." — unknown

Maria Anisimova

Post by Maria Anisimova » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:02 pm

luis alberto garcia wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:36 pm
Hello everyone, I leave my two interpretations of this session, I await your comments.
Greetings.
Hello, Luis!

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you joined the English forum, there seem to be too few of us left this year. Your playing is well above my level, so it is kind of an aim to strive for. It is amazing how easy those pieces seem when you play them....
Yamaha SLG N100

luis alberto garcia

Post by luis alberto garcia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Jules Wilkins wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 am
:bravo: Hello Luis:
I am a fellow student sort of...I am tackling years D01 and D02 with hopes that I will be good enough come May to pass the exams. From time to time I listen to someone's submissions in a higher grade to give me some idea of where I am hopefully headed in the not too distant future. No practical advice from this aspiring student but you do get my praise and admiration. I very much enjoyed your playing both just to listen to and to encourage me to keep persevering. Very well done indeed.
Thank you for your comment Jules, of course everything is possible with work and dedication. :merci:

luis alberto garcia

Post by luis alberto garcia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:35 pm

Maria Anisimova wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Greetings.
Hello, Luis!

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you joined the English forum, there seem to be too few of us left this year. Your playing is well above my level, so it is kind of an aim to strive for. It is amazing how easy those pieces seem when you play them....
Thank you Maria, here we will be learning together with the other colleagues that are few to me. :discussion:

Jeffrey Chan

Post by Jeffrey Chan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 am

Maria Anisimova wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Barrios El sueño de la muñequita

As you can see, this time it is a normal guitar. Somehow it turns out that harmonics on a silent guitar sound horrible, to put it mildly
Hi Maria..

Excellent video! The normal guitar sounds so much better than the silent guitar, I hope that you have the opportunity to play it more often. A couple of specific comments:

On measure 21, there should be a slide up from d to e
On measure 23, there should be a slide up from b to d
Good job on the transitions of measures 25-28
Careful to not rush the last measure.
2006 Hill Signature Double Top Standup #2469

PREVIOUS
2015 Hippner Torres Cedar #813
2002 Dunn Double Top Cedar #12
Anonymous Cedar
Takamine EG128SC
2007 Redman Spruce, Zebrawood
2008 Loriente Marieta, Spruce
1993 Esteve 1GR9C Cedar
Yamaha CG101, Spruce

Jeffrey Chan

Post by Jeffrey Chan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:33 am

Greetings.

Etude III opus 60

El sueño de la muñequita

Hi Luis..

Welcome to the D05 lessons, great to have you here. Thanks for posting a great video.

Both pieces were well played. Great tempo and good job on the harmonics.

I just had a general comment about your body positioning, related to your left wrist. It looks like your left wrist is overly bent at times ( more of a steel string positioning ). I think there may be two factors here.

Sometimes, you are leaning away from headstock ( which pulls your left arm back, which then requires your wrist to bend more ). Try leaning towards the headstock slightly.

You might want to consider making the headstock higher. I was never able to play with a foot stool properly. I currently use a guitar brace ( ergo play and sageworks ). I was able to have so much adjustability using the guitar brace over the footstool. Having a higher headstock position will allow your wrist some more space and it will be able to be less bent also.
2006 Hill Signature Double Top Standup #2469

PREVIOUS
2015 Hippner Torres Cedar #813
2002 Dunn Double Top Cedar #12
Anonymous Cedar
Takamine EG128SC
2007 Redman Spruce, Zebrawood
2008 Loriente Marieta, Spruce
1993 Esteve 1GR9C Cedar
Yamaha CG101, Spruce

luis alberto garcia

Post by luis alberto garcia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am

Jeffrey Chan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:33 am
Greetings.

Etude III opus 60

El sueño de la muñequita

Hi Luis..

Welcome to the D05 lessons, great to have you here. Thanks for posting a great video.

Both pieces were well played. Great tempo and good job on the harmonics.

I just had a general comment about your body positioning, related to your left wrist. It looks like your left wrist is overly bent at times ( more of a steel string positioning ). I think there may be two factors here.

Sometimes, you are leaning away from headstock ( which pulls your left arm back, which then requires your wrist to bend more ). Try leaning towards the headstock slightly.

You might want to consider making the headstock higher. I was never able to play with a foot stool properly. I currently use a guitar brace ( ergo play and sageworks ). I was able to have so much adjustability using the guitar brace over the footstool. Having a higher headstock position will allow your wrist some more space and it will be able to be less bent also.
Thank you very much for the comment Jeffrey, I will pay more attention in that aspect, I will try ergo play.
:merci:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”