D03 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Salvatore Lovinello
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi Colin,

Please note that #39 is the mordants and trills exercise were are required to do for this month. I see that I haven't gotten credit for it yet. I've changed the name of the file to Mordants and trills in order to avoid the confusion I caused.

Thanks,

Sal

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Salvatore Lovinello wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Hi Colin,

Please note that #39 is the mordants and trills exercise were are required to do for this month. I see that I haven't gotten credit for it yet. I've changed the name of the file to Mordants and trills in order to avoid the confusion I caused.

Thanks,

Sal
thanks
Been back to have a look, thik I must have got confused on naming 1st time round.
Nice trills (and mordents)

Jenni Gribble

Post by Jenni Gribble » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am

Yes, I know my recording is awful, but I am posting because I want to qualify for the exam. I hate to blow a whole year of progress (otherwise).

I have an easier time with the trills when the notes are lower on the scale. You can hear me laughing at my horrible trills in the upper range. :lol:

One of my problems is that I am a noob at this. The other is that I just got my guitar set up and the action is lower than I am used to. Although this means much easier playing otherwise, the strings tend to hit the frets when I try to do a trill. But I am not very graceful or smooth about it.
Trills C Major.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 Cordoba Parlor C9, Cedar
2017 Cordoba Mini Guitar - M
2017 Martin 000-15sm

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 am

Hi Jenni,

You said "One of my problems is that I am a noob at this". Exactly. It takes time to build both strength and a feel for the strings. Also, there is a confidence factor which comes in time. It simply says "I know what to do" and then just does it without hesitation and without thinking because you've done it so often before. For me, that still only comes in flashes. One day I'm in the zone and the next I'm once again fumbling around unable to get it together. Don't do as I did and start to think that these are setbacks. They are all part of discovering yourself, your guitar and a deeper connection with music. All practice is good as long as you don't overdo it and strain a muscle or joint.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”