D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Mike Cook
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Mike Cook » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Mike, I am snatching myself bald headed on this issue. The problem I’m facing is that my iPhone XS doesn’t have a headphone jack for the mike to plug in to. I thought a jack-to-Lightning converter cable would solve this, but it doesn’t. Phone doesn’t recognize there’s a mic attached. Online forums say now that I need a trs-to-doomerflatchy and then a TRS-to-TTRS converter and THEN the jack-to-Lightning cable. I see a couple of pricey mikes that do have a lightning connector by design now, but I’ve got sunk costs in this Comica I’m going to try to make work. By the time I buy 3 or 4 more adapters, the direct-to-Lightning mike is going to look cheap by comparison. :roll:
Linda

Does your IPhone have a lightning port for charging? The Shure MV88 connects to the lightning port of the iPhone. You don't need to use the headphone port.

Mike
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Mike Cook

Post by Mike Cook » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm

How sweet Ramirez you have! :okok:
Congratulations to get it back. :D :bye:

Thanks Ken. I am going to put a slightly higher tension string on the R2. It is just too lose comparing to the Cordoba. I going to try the D'Addario Pro Arte Composites in the medium tension (they call this hard). They'll add about 5 -6 more pounds of tension compared to the standard set. We'll see!

Mike
2017 Cordoba 20th Anniversary Guitar
1993 Jose Ramirez R2

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:46 am

Hi, all.
Now I've had some extra practice time. I played following 5 tunes of D02. You can find all these in D02 book. I only posted these in French forum.
It would be good if you try to play these as extra practices. None of these are in any lessons. I played it anyway since Maestro Delcamp put it in.
I hope you enjoy.

Delcamp, J. F. - Carnet de notes n°2 - D02
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 65&t=42672

Carulli, Ferdinando - La Sautillante - D02
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 46&t=42702

Anon. - Pavane in A minor - D02
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 98&t=42701

Anon. - Irish Tune in D major - D02
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 98&t=42715

Carulli, Ferdinando - Allegretto in C major - D02
https://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com ... 46&t=42753
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser
Cordoba Master Series Rodriguez
Cordoba Master Series Torres

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:46 am
Hi, all.
Now I've had some extra practice time. I played following 5 tunes of D02.
Ken, thank you so much for sharing. What great tone and tempo. And your LH and RH positioning is excellent. I enjoyed the pieces and appreciate the opportunity to not only listen to your playing but to also watch your playing technique.

Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:31 pm
Ken, thank you so much for sharing. What great tone and tempo. And your LH and RH positioning is excellent. I enjoyed the pieces and appreciate the opportunity to not only listen to your playing but to also watch your playing technique.
Judy
Thank you, Judy. :merci:
I played all of them a little slower than reference tempo. :ouioui:
I think we all will be discouraged if we stay only in English forum. :chaud:
It would be a good idea to register as a student in French forum, since their online lesson is very active. :discussion:
There is nobody here to help or encourage us to improve. Their moderators of lesson are very active and advanced players in higher level. :okok:

Please, check this website and watch from chapter 1 to chapter 5. One of forum members introduced this site and it has great lessons in there.
http://global.oup.com/us/companion.webs ... deo/ch4/1/ :discussion:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:19 am

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:00 pm

It would be a good idea to register as a student in French forum, since their online lesson is very active.
Ken, thanks for the helpful information. Also, the paperback version of the book is just over $20 - I think I will purchase it.

Judy

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 am

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:00 pm

I think we all will be discouraged if we stay only in English forum. :chaud:
It would be a good idea to register as a student in French forum, since their online lesson is very active. :discussion:
I feel the same way. We are too small a group to be much help to each other. But looking over the French site, I don’t know how much use I’d be able to make of any criticism or advice offered since my French isn’t much more than oui, merci, monsieur, hour d’oerve, and parles vous!
I wonder if our limited class size is what we can expect all the way through the levels? Or if a group ever gets new participants at the next higher level? Doesn’t seem likely to me at this point, but I have no way of knowing. For you, especially, Kim, a bigger group would be extremely beneficial. For myself, I’m content with just getting through the lessons because anything at all I learn is still more than I knew before. Especially since I suspect, with the arthritis in my pinky finger and the beginnings of it in other finger joints, I may not have that much active playing time left to me. If I were still in my 30’s or 40’s it would be entirely different, my goals and expectations would be much less limited I’m sure. I wish I’d come across these classes ten years ago!

Linda

Tom Wimsatt

Post by Tom Wimsatt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:46 am
Hi, all.
Now I've had some extra practice time. I played following 5 tunes of D02. You can find all these in D02 book. I only posted these in French forum.
It would be good if you try to play these as extra practices. None of these are in any lessons. I played it anyway since Maestro Delcamp put it in.
I hope you enjoy.

Delcamp, J. F. - Carnet de notes n°2 - D02
Carulli, Ferdinando - La Sautillante - D02
Anon. - Pavane in A minor - D02
Anon. - Irish Tune in D major - D02
Carulli, Ferdinando - Allegretto in C major - D02
Hi Ken. Very nice work on these pieces, and shopping for extra works using the book was something I never thought of. I also like to try works outside of the lesson plan and I've also been working on some pieces outside of our regular program assignments.

Discovering a guitar piece I like, and then learning how to play it was the whole reason I took this up in the first place. The trouble is I'm finding the music I like is very tough to play[*] (not so good at picking something at my level of play). I'm now thinking I should shop for material in our books instead. This strikes me as a far more productive thing to do.

[*] Currently working on two Kapsberger pieces. He wrote music for the Theorbo and the pieces were transcribed for guitar. It's an interesting problem to work out fingering and tuning but I'm in over my head. As usual....
1989 Takamine C132S, D'Addario Pro-Arté DynaCore (TNH-3T, SDN-3B) strings

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Tom Wimsatt wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 pm
Hi Ken. Very nice work on these pieces, and shopping for extra works using the book was something I never thought of. I also like to try works outside of the lesson plan and I've also been working on some pieces outside of our regular program assignments.
Discovering a guitar piece I like, and then learning how to play it was the whole reason I took this up in the first place. The trouble is I'm finding the music I like is very tough to play[*] (not so good at picking something at my level of play). I'm now thinking I should shop for material in our books instead. This strikes me as a far more productive thing to do.
[*] Currently working on two Kapsberger pieces. He wrote music for the Theorbo and the pieces were transcribed for guitar. It's an interesting problem to work out fingering and tuning but I'm in over my head. As usual....
Thank you for your comment, Tom. :merci:

I did practice whole tunes from D01 last year. It didn't sound good at that time and that made me not to record it. I really regret that now.
I made a small project to myself again to play and record every pieces from D02 book as much as possible. :ouioui:
I can enjoy well enough to make nice musical expression with no tough feeling on D02 and extra pieces make my level more sturdy progress than practicing just required pieces. :casque:
There are small gems all over in D02 books and I believe it is in D03 also. :okok:
Well, you've figured out many things thru these lessons. I believe that the way you and I approach to lessons is similar with more logical and realistic. :discussion:
You are doing great because you are the first person I would listen before I listen Maestro Delcamp's Demo on D02 and later D03. If you can record extra tunes, I'll be happy to listen to them. :bye:
Ken
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Robert England Hauser

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 am

Tom Wimsatt wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 pm

Discovering a guitar piece I like, and then learning how to play it was the whole reason I took this up in the first place.
Tom, I agree with Ken that Ken and you have similar playing styles. I might add that you both display excellent technique and musicality. Last Spring when I decided that I would be signing up for the Fall Delcamp session, I actually followed Ken's D01 playing and your D02 playing. You both set the standard for your levels.

I continue to learn a lot from Ken in this D02 level and I follow your excellent submissions in D03. I must say I am a bit envious Tom, as you look to have a large hand size which makes those reaches and barres look relatively effortless. I hope you both continue in Delcamp as I enjoy following and learning from both of your submissions and commentary.

Judy

Tom Wimsatt

Post by Tom Wimsatt » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 am

Tom, I agree with Ken that Ken and you have similar playing styles. I might add that you both display excellent technique and musicality. Last Spring when I decided that I would be signing up for the Fall Delcamp session, I actually followed Ken's D01 playing and your D02 playing. You both set the standard for your levels.

I continue to learn a lot from Ken in this D02 level and I follow your excellent submissions in D03. I must say I am a bit envious Tom, as you look to have a large hand size which makes those reaches and barres look relatively effortless. I hope you both continue in Delcamp as I enjoy following and learning from both of your submissions and commentary.

Judy
Hi Judy. Thank you for the note and the compliments. I am especially glad to hear I had a part in your decision to participate in the forum, I think you are doing well. I hope you also continue with the forum, and as I look ahead we have some big challenges ahead of us. Like I've said before, "we're all in this together".

Ken is a fine student and player, and a better player than I. Among other things, he's more disciplined in his practice routines based on what I've read and heard in his youtube uploads. His comments/approach and results (uploads) have prompted me to pay closer attention to details of lessons, basically taking certain things more seriously, than I have in the past.

Large hands do help with playing, and I am thankful for that. I've had some form of music in my head for most of my life and I'm glad to finally get some traction in pursuing a musical pastime.

Well, it looks like they've just released lesson 07. It looks like all of us have a ton of work to do this month! Have fun!! :bye:
1989 Takamine C132S, D'Addario Pro-Arté DynaCore (TNH-3T, SDN-3B) strings

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”