D03 Classical guitar lesson 06

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Ed Butler
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Ed Butler » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Edna I thought your mordants were good. On the Cataluna, I think you tripped over a couple of notes as you sped up. Just a dot on the metronome slower and I think you will be great.

I love the position of your left elbow - I will use your video during the next month as inspiration to get my elbow the same.

Ed
Cordoba C7

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Ed Butler wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:08 pm
Recorded simple arpeggio

fingers parallel

fingers not parallel

At least to my ear, sound is "warmer" when not parallel - strings seem to remain on nail a little longer. Carrying this tone over to my exercises is my challenge
Ed
great experiment. This is precisely the sort of thing you should be doing, trying different attack etc.
As you've discovered, angled attack gives a warmer sound because the string slides over the nail and is pushed down rather than sharper release of the straight across technique. both have their place and add to the range of sounds at your disposal.
You've made amazing progress over these last few years, keep it up.

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Colin - your kind words are most appreciated. Hope all is well. If I can help with any administrative stuff to take some burden off of you, please let me know.

Ed
Cordoba C7

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

OlgaVovk wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 pm
Dear all,
Below are my first attemps of
Trilles #38

and Gaspar Sanz La Minona de Cataluna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sWIzMsEhfQ

I still did not get all trills in La Minona de Cataluna. Need to do more work on these.

Thank you!
Olga
Olga
For the exam it would be good if you could get your videos to appear in the post rather than as an external link to youtube, it helps the moderators and examiners.

I have modified you post https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 5#p1337385 to show the first video as playing in the post and the second as a link the way you usually post them.
If you go to that post and press on the pencil icon you will be able to see the difference
Hope that helps
Colin

OlgaVovk

Post by OlgaVovk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 pm

Dear Colin,
Thank you for your comment,
Yes, I will go ahead and edit my posts as you said,
Thank you!
Olga

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”