New and ..original.. way to attract audience... :)

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
AndreiKrylov

New and ..original.. way to attract audience... :)

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Paris museum to allow naked visitors for special nudist day...
there were a lot of people here unhappy about one woman guitarist who uses many different dresses and outfits for performing...
is it a time for naked classical guitar concerts? :)
maybe no dresses at all will be more suitable for some folks? I am not sure..
but...
In Paris they seems to be sure about it... :)
https://www.thelocal.fr/20180309/paris- ... or-the-day
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Re: New and ..original.. way to attract audience... :)

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:is it a time for naked classical guitar concerts?
There are dangers from naked guitar playing as I can attest - even relatively mild sunlight reflected from the high polish surfaces is amplified causing very uncomfortable burns!

maybe if the audience were to relieve themselves of their clothes instead?

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm

:shock:
:oops: Just imagining myself naked with a guitar between my legs in front of an audience is the making of nightmare. Maybe men feel differently about this.
I would prefer that the audience be naked, since I would be exposing my vulnerable musical self in front of them in the performance, the least they could do is be just as naked by forgoing clothing. This would also ensure that the temperature of the performance space was warm enough for me to play comfortably, since the audience would need to be comfortable in their unclothed state and the concert organizers would not be able to skimp on heat.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

cefyn

Post by cefyn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

That would either kill me or cure me, when it comes to performance anxiety (my playing guitar in public, by the way!)

Cef
1983 Robert Cross Spruce & IRW

Pat Dodson

Post by Pat Dodson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Thing is; if playing recitals while naked becomes the sober norm then where does one go in order to stand out from the crowd?

Celtic Dance while playing naked?
Get Me Out of Here trials? Cockroaches and grubs poured over the naked guitarist’s head?
Getting tattooed while playing?

As Eric Morecombe said “I don’t know where it will end but I want to be there.” :wink:

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm

I would prefer that the audience be naked, since I would be exposing my vulnerable musical self in front of them in the performance, the least they could do is be just as naked by forgoing clothing.
Same here! Of course imagining the audience naked (or in their underwear) is a standard trick for actors to get over stage anxiety, lol...
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Well, Andrei, you have mentioned your preference for having total darkness during musical performances, in which case this idea might work (although, please count me out!).

For those who advocate naked audiences instead: I've never understood how picturing an audience naked would help someone with stage fright -- isn't the person uncomfortable enough without all that potentially distressing and/or distracting imagery?

I vote for clothes all 'round, but I'm a bit traditional on such matters.

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:05 pm

I've never understood how picturing an audience naked would help someone with stage fright -- isn't the person uncomfortable enough without all that potentially distressing and/or distracting imagery?
Lol: doesn't work for everybody! :D For some it does, though. The idea is that we give too much power to an audience's (or jury panel's) judgement. This kind of brings them down to your level when they're all exposed and hypothetically as vulnerable as you. It's classic advice, but in honestly I've never used it myself.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Earl Klugh has a beautiful recording called "Naked Guitar". I suppose the success of a concert called "Naked Guitarist" might depend on the particular physique of the performer. :shock: :oops: :wink:

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

celestemcc wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:05 pm
I've never understood how picturing an audience naked would help someone with stage fright -- isn't the person uncomfortable enough without all that potentially distressing and/or distracting imagery?
Lol: doesn't work for everybody! :D For some it does, though. The idea is that we give too much power to an audience's (or jury panel's) judgement. This kind of brings them down to your level when they're all exposed and hypothetically as vulnerable as you. It's classic advice, but honestly I've never used it myself.
Thanks for the response! I do understand the supposed psychological rationale behind the idea, but it nevertheless strikes me as rather creepy, in addition to counter-productive! I am also quite skeptical as to whether it actually works for others: I'd like to see some evidence for that (such as a written study, not a video!), because it strikes me as one of those myths that people continue to perpetuate but which has no basis in fact.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm

is it a time for naked classical guitar concerts? :) Andrei K
Andrei,
I'd imagine it would certainly increase attendance. . . and imagine how sophisticated the audience would be . . . and perhaps, to attract a greater crowd of aficionados the naked guitarist could perform in bondage . . . Playing live in the Y2K? Nothing like it! Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 am

Makes me think of the Peter Sellers movie where he wanders around a nudist camp, sans clothes, wearing a strategically placed guitar. I don’t think it would work...there would be too much laughter🤓

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am

Rognvald wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Andrei,
I'd imagine it would certainly increase attendance. . . and imagine how sophisticated the audience would be . . . and perhaps, to attract a greater crowd of aficionados the naked guitarist could perform in bondage . . . Playing live in the Y2K? Nothing like it! Playing again . . . Rognvald
Thanks for taking your time and following a humorous topic and quoting me, Rognvald!

but... it was my question... -
and my answer was in next line:
s it a time for naked classical guitar concerts? :)
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am
Rognvald wrote:
Andrei,
Thanks for taking your time and following a humorous topic and quoting me, Rognvald!

Hi, Andrei,
I will answer your question with a question: do you think the Emperor Nero would approve? Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Rognvald wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm
AndreiKrylov wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am
Rognvald wrote:

Andrei,

Hi, Andrei,
I will answer your question with a question: do you think the Emperor Nero would approve? Playing again . . . Rognvald
Well it is nice if we could take everything and even serious subjects with a smile...
but.... smile of the Emperor Nero.... No, Thanks! :)

Return to “The Café”