Mark Cuban on winning the lottery jackpot

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
soltirefa

Mark Cuban on winning the lottery jackpot

Post by soltirefa » Thu May 16, 2019 12:05 am

I remember once when there was a record Powerball jackpot Mark Cuban said something to the effect - If you're a depressed or grumpy person before winning the lottery, you'll be like that after winning the lottery, too. I believe that would be true. Oh sure, the financial pressures would be gone and you could have free time and the best material possessions, but that computer between your two ears will still run the same software that it did before.

Forget the lottery. How many times does one say, "If I had _____, I would be happy." Then later in life you get ____ and it's okay for a while, but it's not the life-changing thing you imagined it would be.

slidika

Re: Mark Cuban on winning the lottery jackpot

Post by slidika » Thu May 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Reminds me of the phrase, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it", implying that whatever it was, it is not all that it is cracked up to be or you did not consider all of the consequences that are now upon you. :?
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm

And then, there's the idea that it's better to be unhappy rich than unhappy poor. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

60moo

Post by 60moo » Thu May 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Most of us here have already won the lottery - the Ovarian Lottery - and still complain about .....relatively nothing.

It's harder to think of better circumstances than having been born at the right time in the right place in History. I don't think our brains truly appreciate this fact.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm

60moo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:32 pm
Most of us here have already won the lottery - the Ovarian Lottery - and still complain about .....relatively nothing.

It's harder to think of better circumstances than having been born at the right time in the right place in History. I don't think our brains truly appreciate this fact.
Or living in a place where they are not shooting you, you have a roof over your head and the time and resources to take part in conversation on the Internet.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Return to “The Café”