A difficult time

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
JohnNguyen

Re: A difficult time

Post by JohnNguyen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 pm

A very encouraging news, Michael! I keep her positive recovery in my prayer.

kirolak

Post by kirolak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm

I have only read this thread now, & can only assure you of my deepest concern & best wishes. . . my best friend has cancer, & is refusing mainstream treatment, opting for juicing & a natural approach. . .who knows what the best choice is? One can only offer support (& wring one's hands in secret) because there is so little we can do.

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 am

Michael, what's the latest with Jenny?
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi Folks,
Sorry that I haven't checked in for awhile. Life has been very full and busy and music has not been a priority. edcat7, so sorry I did not respond to your question. I never saw a notification.

Jenny's condition has stayed mostly stable. Her blood markers increased late in 2017 and in a scan late December there appeared to be some re-occurrence of tumors in liver bones and lungs. A biopsy on the liver came back negative. So, hard to say what is really going on. She feels fine and she and her muscial partner with Roses & Cigarettes are just releasing their 2nd album, all acoustic. Blood marker have dropped, although not yet to a normal level. Another scan should be coming up soon.

We remain very grateful for the fact that she is still alive more than 1 year after she was given only 6 more months to live. And grateful for all the support and help, morally and materially, that we have received through this journey.

The other parts of life that have been so demanding include, downsizing and selling the family farmhouse where we have lived for 15 years and preparing for an expat retirement in Oaxaca, Mexico. At least that is where we are going to start. Not positive that will be the final landing spot at this point. This will substantially reduce our expense load compared to the U.S. and put us in a position to provided more support to Jenny. In addition, it will be a fun adventure!
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Wow, moving to Mexico. I am glad your expenses will be less, and I’m sure it will be fun. I was considering Puerto Rico, before it got leveled☹️

chiral3

Post by chiral3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:07 am

Best of luck to you and your family. Enjoy the adventure and continued health.
"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect" - Margaret Mitchell

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:39 am

Glad to hear that Jenny's condition is stable and her second album is released! And cheers to the big adventure coming up!!

astro64

Post by astro64 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:28 am

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the progress and good news. Mexico is beautiful, we go there frequently. I have only been to Oaxaca once, but it was memorable. Best of luck getting settled etc.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Thanks for the good wishes! It is appreciated.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Return to “The Café”