On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Tubbers

Re: On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks

Post by Tubbers » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:18 am

Weigh in today @ 196.4
Help!

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:45 am

I made some diabetic friendly candy last week and one of my grandkids was eating it and she was wondering if it would cause her to gain weight. I told her it would not because it was sugar free (made with munk fruit) and my wife said: "it might be sugar free but it contains cacao butter and it's a fat product and will put on the weight." Well, I proceeded to set the record straight on weight gain. I told her it's not the fat in foods that cause you to gain weight. You can actually eat animal fat like in bacon etc. and it does not cause weight gain. Since I'm diabetic, I've become an expert on food. Did you know Aristotle (might be the way it's spelled) the philosopher said "food is medicine." And it is...there is one food group we eat and everyone should do research on it and become familiar with it for ideal health (sugar). And, of course, since I'm diabetic, I know from personal experience it is absolutely true.

What puts on body weight, wait for it, is stored carbohydrates. That is the only thing that causes weight gain...and just the opposite-weight loss. The human body is like everything else in life-it follows the easiest path. Your body will burn simple sugars first when it needs energy and store the complex sugars you eat. The complex sugars turn into stored carbohydrates...and you gain weight. Simple sugars are found in soda, candy, white table sugar, doughnuts, cakes cookies etc. Complex sugars are found in foods like bread, beer, pasta, potatoes, starchy stuff, cottage cheese etc.

The body needs energy to survive and if you get in the habit of feeding it foods that contain complex sugars and avoid ALL foods that contain simple sugars, or simple sugars themselves, you actually can't gain weight because you body is living on and getting energy from complex sugars and cannot store them...they get burned off. If you have a sweet tooth, so to speak, and can't live without sugar, look into a product called Pure Monk Fruit-get it on Amazon. Try to stay away from all the artificial sweeteners-very bad for your body and proven to cause cancer in test animals.
Hope this helps...Google sugars and do the research...I'm not making it up!

David V. :casque:
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Mike Steede

Post by Mike Steede » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 am

Has anyone looked into the ketogenic diet? I believe it was the old treatment for diabetes before there was insulin. I think it was used for epilepsy as well.
2017 Steve Ganz 'New Moon' BRW/Spruce
1991 Olmsted '37 Hauser
"We have not yet seen what man can make of man." B. F. Skinner

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 am

A late reply, but I'm the same as last week, 196.4
Help!

simonm

Post by simonm » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Mike Steede wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 am
Has anyone looked into the ketogenic diet? I believe it was the old treatment for diabetes before there was insulin. I think it was used for epilepsy as well.
It was mentioned in passing in the other diet/lifestyle thread, which is currently active, about 3 weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=116312&start=15#p1238046

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Glassynails checking in at 215.2 YIKES! Gotta start that diet again and get down under 200! I'm 6 feet and should be at 185 or 190, but if I'm under 200 I'm feeling good!
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:49 am

Did you get a chance to research simple/complex sugars...I guarantee you'll lose weight. Your body has no choice but to burn complex carbohydrates first if you are not eating simple sugars. Google it.

For what it's worth, every time I mention Google, I'm reminded of my teaching days in the 70's way before computers. Do you know the true story behind the word google? In France during the 15th century, or way back, the king asked his finance minister to come up with a name for the highest number...at the time the highest number is/was 79 to the tenth power-I think. Anyway, the finance minister went home and was very worried because if he didn't come up with an acceptable name, he could lose his head. So... his young baby was very restless and the minister picked him up and started walking back and forth with him to settle the him down. He was talking out loud and told the baby his problem and the baby actually said go og le. The word google is just baby talk and has absolutely no meaning (this is the truth) and the next day the minister said the word to the King and the king accepted it. You probably already knew google is the name for the highest named number. But if you didn't...you can always Google it.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 am

David Gutowski wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:49 am
Did you get a chance to research simple/complex sugars...I guarantee you'll lose weight. Your body has no choice but to burn complex carbohydrates first if you are not eating simple sugars. Google it.

For what it's worth, every time I mention Google, I'm reminded of my teaching days in the 70's way before computers. Do you know the true story behind the word google? In France during the 15th century, or way back, the king asked his finance minister to come up with a name for the highest number...at the time the highest number is/was 79 to the tenth power-I think. Anyway, the finance minister went home and was very worried because if he didn't come up with an acceptable name, he could lose his head. So... his young baby was very restless and the minister picked him up and started walking back and forth with him to settle the him down. He was talking out loud and told the baby his problem and the baby actually said go og le. The word google is just baby talk and has absolutely no meaning (this is the truth) and the next day the minister said the word to the King and the king accepted it. You probably already knew google is the name for the highest named number. But if you didn't...you can always Google it.
Thanks! I did always notice that when I gave up sweets (or really cut back) I start dropping weight fast! But I usually also cut back on total calories too.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 pm

David Gutowski wrote:
Well the body burns glucose in any case. It is just that it has to chemically process complex carbs to glucose first in order to use them for fuel. The effect on weight is really more to do with eating less as a consequence of paying attention to what you eat.
David Gutowski wrote:
The word google is just baby talk and has absolutely no meaning (this is the truth) and the next day the minister said the word to the King and the king accepted it. You probably already knew google is the name for the highest named number. But if you didn't...you can always Google it.
Actually the word is Googol. And it was invented by a mathematician's 9-yr old kid in 1920 when his dad asked him to come up with a name for 1 followed by 100 zeros.

Google's founders misspelled it. They meant to call their company Googol, but screwed up the spelling of the word, thus giving birth to Google.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:14 am

Just took a big poop tonight and now I'm at 214.2. Haven't been "dieting" really, BUT I am cutting back and "eating light" to try and get back closer to 200 lbs again. Usually overnight I lose another 1 - 2 lbs, so I may be at hopefully 213 or 212.? in the morning.

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:51 am

Weighed in yesterday @ 195.8
Help!

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:58 am

guitarrista wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 pm
Actually the word is Googol. And it was invented by a mathematician's 9-yr old kid in 1920 when his dad asked him to come up with a name for 1 followed by 100 zeros.

Google's founders misspelled it. They meant to call their company Googol, but screwed up the spelling of the word, thus giving birth to Google.
That's very interesting, Guitarrista.
I'd heard about the word 'googol' and it's origins many years ago at school. There is also 'googolplex', which as far as I remember is a 1 followed by a googol of zeros.
But somehow I never associated it with the the search engine!

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 am

glassynails wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 am
David Gutowski wrote:

Thanks! I did always notice that when I gave up sweets (or really cut back) I start dropping weight fast! But I usually also cut back on total calories too.
This may sound a little off the beaten track or unconventional, but if you really are serious about loosing weight try this: pretend you're a diabetic for a month and eating simple sugars will destroy you...if you have a sweet tooth and like to eat sugary things switch over to Pure Monk Fruit...always try to stay away from all artificial sweeteners-they are very bad for you and your health.

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Steven Morgan

Post by Steven Morgan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 am

"On a diet, my hunger is diminishing after a few weeks"

That's called dying :lol:
Steven Morgan
Concert classical guitarist and teacher
Salt Lake City, Utah

Tubbers

Post by Tubbers » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 pm

I didn't post over the holidays but I was at 197.8 last Friday. Today I weighed in at 196. I have also gotten back into skipping rope which I like a lot better than the treadmill. Also gotten comments from people I haven't seen in a long time. :)
Help!

Return to “The Café”