Been vegan for three months now

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Andrew Fryer

Re: Been vegan for three months now

Post by Andrew Fryer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Omnivore. Velociraptors were carnivores. Humans aren't carnivores.

I asked a vegan the other night what would be wrong with eating eggs from your pet chicken, and she replied "the chickens eat their eggs if we don't". But that's not an ethical argument, is it. It's like saying it's unethical to eat veg, as herbivores would eat them if we didn't. She mentioned afterbirth, but purely as a joke - she didn't want to offer any argument about it.

(I have known vegans who would swear velociraptors were vegan. That's why I didn't mention lions - I thought there was a slightly greater chance that a lion would eat more veg than a velociraptor. Otoh, they have filmed pandas eating carrion in the wild)
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 am

Carnivores may not eat vegetables directly, but they will (so I read somewhere) often eat the stomach contents of the vegetarian creatures they have killed. It gives them essential nutrients, or something. This is certainly true of domestic cats: I've them seen eat an entire mouse, bones, fur and all.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:27 am

Right, good point. That's where fur balls come from.
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

I think I'd trust a velociraptor more than I'd trust a cat.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 am

I wouldn't trust either one. I especially don't trust cats. I had a cat once but it left me and never came back. I don't blame the cat though, we have owls around the golf course and it might have been grabbed by one and eaten alive. I always hoped it didn't suffer and maybe just got dropped from hundred feet or so. I switched to dogs. Like to see an owl try to pick up my little wiener dog. The dog would put an end to his cat stealing flying days for ever, I'm sure.
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Return to “The Café”