Off Grid #4, Low and High, for 6 string cello and guitar

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
rojarosguitar

Off Grid #4, Low and High, for 6 string cello and guitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 am

Last edited by rojarosguitar on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...
My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

Rognvald

Re: Off Grid #4, Low and High, for 6 string cello and guitar

Post by Rognvald » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Rojaro,
Do you begin with a written score and improvise or is this music total, free improvisation? Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 am

We start from stillness ... thanks!

My friend and collegue Muneer B Fennell did a lot of composing music scores earlier days, and some of his compositions have been played by quite famous jazz musicians like Doug Hammons, Steve Coleman etc., but he rarely writes anything down these days.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:40 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 am
We start from stillness ... thanks!

My friend and collegue Muneer B Fennell did a lot of composing music scores earlier days, and some of his compositions have been played by quite famous jazz musicians like Doug Hammons, Steve Coleman etc., but he rarely writes anything down these days.
Rojaro,
I used to frequent the Enterprise Lounge on the south side of Chicago in the Seventies/Eighties for tenor Saxophonist Von Freeman's famous jam sessions. It was then I first heard "little" Stevie Coleman(alto sax) who was a senior in high school and played like Bird(Charlie Parker). He was an amazing talent/prodigy at a very early age and many of us older horn players were in awe at his precocious talent. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

Great to see, how the circles come to closure ... Muneer B Fennell, my dear friend and collegue, was part of the earliest band of Steve Coleman in NY with Doug Hammond as drummer. They have also toured Europe extensively in the seventies. No I have the luck to be one of very few fortunate musicians to colaborate with Muneer B Fennell since many many years...

Return to “The Café”