Scleral Contact Lenses

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
kirolak

Scleral Contact Lenses

Post by kirolak » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm

I have finally plucked up the courage (& the cash!) to invest in scleral contact lenses, which, if they live up to all they promise, will be marvellous - I'll be able to read street names, road signs, music without falling over myself & the music stand trying to see the notes :D & generally be less of a hazard to all other life forms.

Does anyone else here use them & how have you found them?

Mollbarre

Re: Scleral Contact Lenses

Post by Mollbarre » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 am

I haven't even heard of them! Let us know what you think. :)

My progressives are getting progressively worse... :roll:
2016 Fender CN320AS
2018 Cordoba C10 crossover
2018 Ibanez GA5TCE
...and miscellaneous bits and pieces.

kirolak

Post by kirolak » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:27 am

Just an update. . .I can see amazingly well during daylight hours - the lenses are hard to insert, but I am getting the hang of it, & they are (counter-intuitively) very comfortable. But at night my vision is terrible, not one street name, road sign or whatever is legible; I had a bad fright driving a detour home the other night, got completely lost as I couldn't follow the signage. So apparently adding more diopter strength will help so I will have to part with them so the lab can do adjustments.. . . .but I can see all the notes now, even in Bach partituras :)

I would recommend them, though. . . crystal clear vision & no Picasso-like astigmatic distortions!

simonm

Post by simonm » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 am

Interesting. Thanks for the update. Like Mollarre, I had never heard of them until you posted your original post.

I have a friend who went for a completely different solution to eyesight problems. He got implanted lenses. This has been a standard treatment for cataracts for something like 40+(?) years but can also be used to improve some poor sight issues. However, it doesn't work as well for people have have had lasic or related laser surgery.

Mollbarre

Post by Mollbarre » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Yes! Thank you for the update! I'm very glad you're finding success with then - you and Bach! :mrgreen:
2016 Fender CN320AS
2018 Cordoba C10 crossover
2018 Ibanez GA5TCE
...and miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Return to “The Café”