30 UK pounds compensation for sitting on the floor on an international flight?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
simonm

30 UK pounds compensation for sitting on the floor on an international flight?

Post by simonm » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Yes, the crew gave gave up a jump seat during take off and landing. And the co-pilot came out, sat on the floor and thanked them ....
After a TV show decided to feature the family, the airline decided to refund the fares and not just offer 30 quid ... The civil aviation authorities investigation is going to cost them a little more than 30 quid.

On the other hand if it was sit on the floor or not get home, I'd take the floor too but I'd ask for a few cushions.

The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 26446.html
The BBC
https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-46859135
THe Sun
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8184367/b ... dnt-exist/

Andrew Pohlman

Re: 30 UK pounds compensation for sitting on the floor on an international flight?

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 pm

OMG - this is obscene. Was it even legal to have them sitting on the floor? No oxygen masks - no seat belts - that must violate regulations in some way! And nobody thought to have them take the next flight with real seats? Or a flight on a competitor's plane?

I just hope it never happens to me. But then, I fly Qantas or Lufthansa and I've never had a problem.

I would have considered faking a seizure. The compensation offered was a joke, even a full refund is still a joke. I would sue demanding that the CEO and Board of Directors endure that same flight while sitting on the floor and I was berthed in 1st Class sipping margaritas and watching them suffer. That would be real compensation. :D
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

CarbonElitist

Re: 30 UK pounds compensation for sitting on the floor on an international flight?

Post by CarbonElitist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 am

What is up with airlines and shoddy customer service these days? I'm glad the internet is exposing this kind of blatant disrespect.
"If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving."
"When I want expert advice, I look at the comment sections on DIY videos."

Peter Lovett

Post by Peter Lovett » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:20 am

The trouble was that the flight attendant seats that they were allocated are only used for takeoff and landing because there are galley supplies kept in lockers behind them. Normally these seats are not used in flight as the attendants are on their feet. It came about as the flight was overbooked which is normal. What was not normal is that everyone turned up which is highly unusual. From the airline perspective someone should have immediately offered a full refund rather than being forced into having to make that by bad publicity.
1994 Jim Williams lattice braced, Cedar/Tasmanian Blackwood

Return to “The Café”