What's The Weather at Your Place right Now?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
pierre_m

Re: What's The Weather at Your Place right Now?

Post by pierre_m » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:07 am

Armentières (near Lille), France.
I would like to run my bike, but now it's raining :-(
I hope I'll see the sun this afternoon.
Last edited by pierre_m on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

houseofj

Post by houseofj » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 am

At present light rain and according to the sidebar gadget on my screen
it is currently 64 degrees with an expected high later today of circa 74-75 degrees.
The weekend before last we experienced the hottest temperatures in the last 3 years as it hit 29 celsius.
By the end of this week I will be exploring the Tuscan region of Italy, so should get a couple of weeks of decent weather...

gregwillow

Post by gregwillow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Welcome Europe.Chicago- fresh ,sunny morning 65 degree.Our daughter flew to Poland for her holiday and we forgot to give her more warm coat.The parents care about the weather more than their children.

Linda

Post by Linda » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:06 pm

A beautiful sunny almost summer day. A great fishing, great bike riding, and a great basking in the sun kind of day.
linea

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Right now, in Portland Oregon, it's cloudy.

No...wait...the sun's coming out! :D

Oh no! It just started to sprinkle. :x

Oh! Now the sun's back again! :D

Now it's cloudy again... :x

Sorry, I can't answer the question.

Alan

guitar_emma

Post by guitar_emma » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 am

It's cloudy and raining- that's Scotland for ya! :D And this is meant to be summer...

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:27 am

It's certainly cloudy this morning, but bone dry and temperature 12 C..............

Never mind. I'm off to sunny Spain this afternoon for a couple of weeks :bye: . Wall to wall sunshine forecast with temperatures around 30 C.

Then it's back to summer in Scotland.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

lytynyn

Post by lytynyn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 am

don't know, im staying inside and playing guitar...
fair with sunny breaks

chuckinphoenix

Post by chuckinphoenix » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Phoenix weather is incredible. Had some 100+ temps in May but so far June has been way below normal. Not a single 100+ day yet. Mid to low 90's every day. Mornings are great.
I've lived here all my life and can't remember a June like this.
Chuck
If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.

sesto

Post by sesto » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:04 pm

In Italy. Sunny and hot days. Wonderful!

RobertoIG

Post by RobertoIG » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 pm

sky full of clouds, 10ºC and is going to rain a lot, starting tonight (i hope so...)

in the afternoon it was great to be in my class room watching the wind moving the trees :)
Last edited by RobertoIG on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 am

It's been sunny here in King Ferry, New York, with highs in the low 70s. It's raining now and 63 degrees.

Meanwhile, back in Kentucky, it was 93 degrees today with more severe weather. Geez, I'm glad I'm in NY.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:57 pm

It's raining really hard!

I have a "severe weather warning" icon in my system tray. It's lit up now and this is what it says:
...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AND POSSIBLE COLD CORE FUNNELS...

NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED THIS AFTERNOON THROUGHOUT THE WILLAMETTE VALLEY AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA AND I-5 CORRIDOR. THESE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH MID TO LATE AFTERNOON...WITH THE STRONGEST OF THESE BEING NORTH OF SALEM WHERE MODELS INDICATE THE BEST INSTABILITY WILL REMAIN. THE PRIMARY THREAT FROM THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IS HEAVY RAIN ALONG WITH SMALL HAIL.

ADDITIONALLY...THIS TYPE OF AIR MASS IS ALSO CONDUCIVE TO THE FORMATION OF COLD-CORE FUNNELS. AT 1220 PM A SPOTTER REPORTED SEEING A FUNNEL CLOUD IN LINN COUNTY...BETWEEN CORVALLIS AND ALBANY OREGON. COLD-CORE FUNNEL CLOUDS DO NOT USUALLY TOUCH THE GROUND. HOWEVER...IF THEY DO TOUCH THE GROUND THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND CAN BE DAMAGING.
Tornadoes? :shock: I don't think we've ever had a tornado in Oregon...

Alan

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:57 am

Tarbaby wrote:It's raining really hard!

I have a "severe weather warning" icon in my system tray. It's lit up now and this is what it says:
...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AND POSSIBLE COLD CORE FUNNELS...

NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED THIS AFTERNOON THROUGHOUT THE WILLAMETTE VALLEY AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA AND I-5 CORRIDOR. THESE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH MID TO LATE AFTERNOON...WITH THE STRONGEST OF THESE BEING NORTH OF SALEM WHERE MODELS INDICATE THE BEST INSTABILITY WILL REMAIN. THE PRIMARY THREAT FROM THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IS HEAVY RAIN ALONG WITH SMALL HAIL.

ADDITIONALLY...THIS TYPE OF AIR MASS IS ALSO CONDUCIVE TO THE FORMATION OF COLD-CORE FUNNELS. AT 1220 PM A SPOTTER REPORTED SEEING A FUNNEL CLOUD IN LINN COUNTY...BETWEEN CORVALLIS AND ALBANY OREGON. COLD-CORE FUNNEL CLOUDS DO NOT USUALLY TOUCH THE GROUND. HOWEVER...IF THEY DO TOUCH THE GROUND THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND CAN BE DAMAGING.
Tornadoes? :shock: I don't think we've ever had a tornado in Oregon...

Alan
I suppose it could happen out there. We had a funnel cloud in our neighborhood last Thursday - I watched it form and begin spinning at the base of a cloud, and then the whole side of the cloud, including the funnel, disappeared in a strong wind gust. I called home to my parents who told me back in Owensboro, KY, strong storms have moved through every night around midnight.

I lived 31 years in Owensboro without a single tornado touchdown; we've lived through 3 since 2000. Shoot, I believe my county (Daviess) has had more touchdowns in the past 5 years than the Cincinnati Bengals have had since 1988! :lol:

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:17 am

Guess it can happen anywhere, Sean.

I remember one touching down in my hometown in Connecticut along Long Island Sound.

It bounced off a baseball field, then bounced into a yacht club- tipping over a bunch of boats- and then disappeared...

Alan

Return to “The Café”