What Are You Eating Right Now?

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
fast eddie

Re: What Are You Eating Right Now?

Post by fast eddie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 am

Low calorie, low carb cookies. Don't ask me why, they don't taste so hot.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Spruce
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 am

I'm not eating anything "Right Now." For the last three days, I stopped eating anything past three PM. Drinking water but not eating after three. Not because I want to dream of big fat steaks or fried chicken when I go to sleep but, I think eating in the evening keeps me up most of the night...don't really know why!

I've had issues falling asleep for several years now and I just might have figured it out...the food nutrition is keeping me from falling asleep. And is probably due to getting older, one of the physical changes we go through. Maybe the mystery is solved because I've been dozing off faster...but not dreaming of food.

Best,
The Guitralchemist, (Thanks Scott)
David :casque:
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm

I do intermittent fasting for the time being. Quite easy for me not to eat between 20:00 in the evening and 12:00 next day. Have already lost some kilos and feel better. My menu plan has not changed at all. Today I had Sushi for lunch and will have French lentils with sausages for dinner.
Fritz Ober, Torres/Hauser model, 2010, spruce/maple
Giovanni Tacchi, Bouchet model, spruce/BRAZ, 2018

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Right now I'm drinking oolong.
I only ever eat at about 7PM, although I may have a granola bar and a coffee out in the middle of the afternoon.
In an hour or two I will have some sausages and sauerkraut.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Gorn

Post by Gorn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Nothing now, but a short time ago, I've put some olive oil, tomato slices, two tiny thyme branches and a soup spoon of »Pimenta Moida« (grounded red pepper and salt - very lightly hot - ingredience for almost every dish on São Miguel) in a pan, heated it up, took out the thyme, added 4 eggs and some more herbs from the garden: oregano, savory, basil and common rue. Of course, a pinch of freshly grounded black pepper on top. Together with some slices of bread and salted butter...very nice!
It was the first time I tried rue for cooking. As far as I know, it was part of the old Roman cuisine. Very interesting and unique flavor - think I will use it more often. I could imagine a beef goulash dressed like game (w/ juniper, allspice, laurel, red wine etc.) and some rue added later on...

MessyTendon
Amateur luthier

Post by MessyTendon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 am

Gin and tonic with lime...

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 am

Did I tell you about a kid I once saw beating himself in the head with a stick?

I asked him why he was doing that and he said: "Because it feels so good when I stop."

Best,
Guitralchemist
David :guitare:
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 123

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 am

Eggs and toast. Breakfast for dinner.

doug

Post by doug » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:37 pm

An oatmeal raisin cookie, that my 91 year old dad cooked yesterday and brought over to my shop. My shop is on our farm.....a steel building that we erected to store tractors and combines in when we were farming. It's about 200 yards from his house, and he walks over every day if the weather is good. My mom died almost 4 years ago, and he lives alone. He gets bored sometimes and experiments with cooking.....cookies this time. They're a tiny bit dry and crumbly.....he said he thought he overcooked them??....... but are actually good! He said he followed a recipe in an old church cookbook that my mom helped put together.
2017 Jason Wolverton spruce/maple, 640, "Luz Blanca"
2016 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, cedar
2015 Kenny Hill Performance 640, C/IR
2017 Kenny Hill Player Cutaway, 640, Sp

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Home made couscous.

Merguez, lamb, chicken breast. Vegetables: zucchini, carrots, a celery stalk, turnips, red pepper, onion.
And durum wheat semolina (couscous), steamed over vegetables and meat.
spices: ras-el-hanout, turmeric, pepper, thyme.

Bon appétit !
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

doug

Post by doug » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am

My failed attempt at black bean burgers. LOL They didn't stick together like a typical burger does. When I tried to flip them, they came apart.......so, I just stirred the "stuff" until I thought the onion was cooked enough. I had a "pile" of it this morning for breakfast :) , with a fried egg on top. It was actually quite good!

I got the recipe online:
1 can black beans....smushed
2 cups cooked couscous
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 carrot...grated
1/4 cup chopped onion
chopped parsley
1 cup shredded cheese

I didn't have any carrots. That's something we always have in the fridge, but we cleaned out everything after Hurricane Florence....we were without electricity for almost five days. I wonder if shredded carrot would have helped stick them together???

simonm

Post by simonm » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:16 pm

doug wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am
... I wonder if shredded carrot would have helped stick them together???
Put an egg in the mix ?

Oudeis

Post by Oudeis » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 am

Breakfast, specifically meusli, with a chopped up apple on top.

I woke up with a hankering for some sushi rolls, so that's lunch sorted too :D

doug

Post by doug » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:36 am

I have just finished breakfast. I crumbled up about 3-4 oz. of sausage, and fried it slowly in olive oil.....adding chopped onion and tomato. When the sausage was almost done, I scrambled 3 eggs into it, and added extra sharp cheddar cheese. I had a small glass of "Tang" with it. I hadn't had any Tang in several years....wasn't sure they still even made the stuff??? We were without electricity for five days after Hurricane Florence, and I wished at the time that we had some Tang. We used to always drink Tang for breakfast when we went camping. It used to be a powder that you mixed with water, and it formed an orange drink, which we substituted for orange juice. The other day, my wife found some at a grocery store.....in concentrated liquid form......and I had about half a glass with breakfast this morning. I watched a travel program about New Zealand on TV as I was cooking and eating. It was a pleasant breakfast.

Mike Steede

Post by Mike Steede » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

doug wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:36 am
I have just finished breakfast. I crumbled up about 3-4 oz. of sausage, and fried it slowly in olive oil.....adding chopped onion and tomato. When the sausage was almost done, I scrambled 3 eggs into it, and added extra sharp cheddar cheese. I had a small glass of "Tang" with it. I hadn't had any Tang in several years....wasn't sure they still even made the stuff??? We were without electricity for five days after Hurricane Florence, and I wished at the time that we had some Tang. We used to always drink Tang for breakfast when we went camping. It used to be a powder that you mixed with water, and it formed an orange drink, which we substituted for orange juice. The other day, my wife found some at a grocery store.....in concentrated liquid form......and I had about half a glass with breakfast this morning. I watched a travel program about New Zealand on TV as I was cooking and eating. It was a pleasant breakfast.
"It's what the astronauts drink!" - dating myself... but yes, the taste of childhood.
2018 Steve Ganz 'Chulo' IR/Cedar DT
2017 Steve Ganz 'New Moon' BRW/Spruce
1991 Patrick Olmsted/Steve Ganz re-top 2017 '37 Hauser BRW/Spruce

Return to “The Café”