I'm not so depressed about my thinning hair anymore

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
ric2801

Re: I'm not so depressed about my thinning hair anymore

Post by ric2801 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 pm

You don't need lose your hair if you care about, go to a dermatologist, nowadays, there is easy and cheap treatment. :D

Linda

Post by Linda » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:57 am

Glassynails,

When I was very young, in my 20's, forty eight years ago, my good friend would only date bald men. She thought they were so sexy, and she married her sweetheart, who was...yes...bald.

linea
linea

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks all. I'm not really concerned about it, my health is all I care about. In a weird way I actually kind of like it. I'm not totally bald, but thinning. I don't think I'll ever be totally bald, but if it happens then who cares? We don't live forever. I'm happy for the things I have, I'm not gonna worry anymore about what I don't have. Both of my grandfathers and my father were thinning, but none ever were totally bald. They all did do their little combovers though ... like I'm starting to do now too. Oh well, such is life! :lol:

I'm happy that ...

1. I get up every day pain free and can walk around.
2. I can hear and see very well
3. I can play guitar to some extent
4. I'm fairly intelligent
5. I'm a loving, gentle person, who cares for animals, always helps my elders and doesn't hate anyone really
6. I usually do more for others before myself
7. I appreciate each and every moment and new day that I have on this earth and appreciate all the beauty in this life
8. I love everyone and realize that we're all in this together and we're all just trying to find happiness
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

montana

Post by montana » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 am

Les Montanjees wrote:
Scot Tremblay wrote:The ladies like bald men...something about using your amino acids for more important things than growing hair... :serenade:
Agreed. If you're old enough you'll remember the photo of Sophia Loren kissing the top of Carlo Ponti's bald pate. She clearly had no issue with his baldness and he, lucky bastard, was clearly attractive to the gorgeous Sophia. So who cares about a chrome dome? Just wear a hat when the sun's beating down.
Wasn't Carlo a rich successful movie producer?

Butch Alan

Post by Butch Alan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:52 am

I just tell people I'm getting taller. Sort of growing right up through my hair. I did think of growing my ear hair long and doing a comb-over but I scrapped that idea on general principle.

Frousse

Post by Frousse » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:50 am

Besides, glassy, with the money you save on haircuts, you can really splurge on strings now.

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Frousse wrote:Besides, glassy, with the money you save on haircuts, you can really splurge on strings now.
Heck, I've been cutting my own hair now for years anyways ..... maybe that's why I have so many extra strings lying around. :lol:
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 am

I didn't like the look of a bald spot so I cut my hair very short (no attachments just the blade) myself every week.
I run faster now...

simonm

Post by simonm » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Den wrote:Have you tried any hair regrowth products? I've been on Rogaine for the past year and a half and I can see a difference. My wife has noticed too.
I have heard that pig sh$& is supposed to work. My wife would certainly notice that! :lol: :lol:

Write_Rich

Post by Write_Rich » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Growing up I had this awful curly wavy crap animal hair. My hair becomes an abomination once it grows above 1/4 of an inch. I get a big wave on top that the great Kahuna can surf on and some weird cow lick mess going on all across the back. Surely my hair is the reason why I lacked dates in high school! My dad once bet me $1000 that I would be going bald before I was 20 (he started losing hair in high school). I took that bet knowing life is cruel and there was no way in hell I was getting off easy losing a $1000 bet because that terrible hair was finally falling out. I won the bet and kept the horrid hair. In boot camp I am sure I was the only one glad to see my hair buzzed off.

I'm 45 now and I take great delight running an electric razor across my head twice a week to make sure my hair stays gone. I don't miss it one bit. I'm a lot cooler in hot weather and while working out. No need to spend $$ on barbers, hair products or fancy stylists. In the morning I can sleep in extra because no time is wasted fussing with hair. My wife loves it. Win all around. Bald is beautiful! Try it!
2015 Yamaha CG172F - Flamenco
2013 Francisco Navarro Garcia Grand Concert "Hauser"
2008 Ramirez 125 anos Limited Edition
2002 Ramirez R4
2000 Alhambra 5P

pmiklitz

Post by pmiklitz » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:07 am

I lost all my hair (and I mean all) due to chemotherapy in 2004 after being diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. I had thick wavy hair and now it's thin like baby hair and not even curly anymore, but I'm just happy that I'm alive really. :D

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Return to “The Café”