My method for NEVER making a mistake when playing the guitar.

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Les Montanjees

Re: My method for NEVER making a mistake when playing the guitar.

Post by Les Montanjees » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:32 am

Ramon, what studies would you recommend for someone new to your method?

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:11 am

Les Montanjees wrote:Ramon, what studies would you recommend for someone new to your method?
The best studies for mastering my method are scales played above the nineteenth fret.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:32 am

Les Montanjees wrote:I bought a pack of Silento silent strings so I could try your method, but there was nothing in the pack. Should I get my money back?

Hahaha ...

Actually, you missed them ... Those were the Emperor's New Strings ... The finest in the land!
(Altogether now
"Look at the string ... Look at the string ... "
Anyone else think Fakebook has done enough damage yet?

Joe de V

Post by Joe de V » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Practicing 10 hours a day and sleeping approx. 8 hours a day leaves me with only 6 hours left to do everything else - including any means to provide and income to keep up living. Sorry Ramon but the best way to avoid any mistake in playing the guitar is to pick up the old "Dotar" or "Dutar", a two strings Asian Lute.

rikart

Post by rikart » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:36 pm

I am very keen to try out this most interesting method, however, one of my strings is broken. Consequently, I am unsure as to whether or not this is an advantage in the application of the technique as advocated, particularly in respect of any competitions that may exist about which one might be thinking of entering. Also, if having become certifiably proficient in this mode of playing, one then proceeds to teach students online, there may be an issue if the internet connection is dropped, i.e., should the student only pay for the portion of the lesson where the stream remained uninterrupted where he or she benefited fully from the synthesis of live-visual / zero-acoustical phenomena? These are serious issues which may well have profound legal ramifications. An international committee should be set up not in any way to discuss them and to remain silent on the matter.
rikart /warwick harte

mc1

Post by mc1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:03 pm

i've been working with your method for a few days, now, and wouldn't you know it, i'm still making mistakes. :pascontent:

i come in late, can't keep the rhythm, and frequently get lost as to where i am in the piece. :oops:

i made my wife, 3 children, 2 dogs, cat, goldfish, and paperboy sit and listen to my version of 4'33".
i needed to restart on 3 separate occasions, just went blank a couple of times, and even found myself humming during the tedious middle section. it took me like 11 minutes to get through, and i blew the ending. my audience was kind, however, for the most part. my wife said she couldn't criticize my tone. :-D the paper boy said he like the end the best. :)

would working with a metronome help? :?:

what about mental visualization? every time a try and mentally play the piece, or mentally view the score, i get distracted and think about how 4+3+3 = 10, and why isn't it called 273", or little things, like how i seen many toads in my life, and even more mushrooms, but i've never seen a toad sitting on a mushroom. which is kind of odd, when you think about it. i don't know, maybe "toadstool' was named by someone simply suggesting it would make a good chair for a certain type of amphibian, and not because it was already used for that purpose. anyway, stuff like that.

:aide:

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:12 pm

It is exist long long time (such method) .. it is named "air guitar"...
but... because you are talking about classical - it probably would be less dance.. especially while sitting with the foot stool... therefore one should play everything by his face. Hair movement would be good too. But.. for those who have no hair - they could move their ears with music.
And certainly one have not to forget to violently turn his/her neck following impressive but silent movement of fingers...
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:23 pm

There has always been a big misconception about "toadstools." Here are the facts. In the eighteenth century guitarists were fond of using footstools covered in toad skin, because it's tough and lasts a long time. So naturally they were called "toadstools."

The confusion came from the modifier. The stools were not FOR toads, they were made OF toads. Hope that clears it all up.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

mc1

Post by mc1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:25 pm

hmmmm. might be a market for footstools that look like toadstools.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:28 pm

mc1 wrote:hmmmm. might be a market for footstools that look like toadstools.
Yes, they would be very popular with toads that play classical guitar.

Ramon

mc1

Post by mc1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
mc1 wrote:hmmmm. might be a market for footstools that look like toadstools.
Yes, they would be very popular with toads that play classical guitar.

Ramon
frog galliard? or maybe beatles tunes.

at any rate, hopefully they have their own chair (although a matching guitar chair and footstool that both look like big mushrooms is kind of appealing).

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Toads and mushrooms ? OK, but perhaps toads fell better at meadows, swamps etc…something moist - with water. So my imaginations shows me direction for the guitar chair closer to water beds.

And some of us remember the fairy tale about this ugly toad or frog that, when kissed turned out to be most beautiful princes…what about new accessory for classical guitarists - the magical toad that after a kiss will turn you to be the best virtuoso player :)
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

Return to “The Café”