As others have said the content for Netflix varies from country to country (but there are ways around this). I thoroughly recommend the following;
1. The Bridge (Bron/Broen) - this is a Swedish/Danish collaboration. Is a detective drama, and is on of the best shows I have seen in a long time.
2 . The Returned (Les Revenants) - The French version (The US version is absolutely terrible in comparison). It's supernatural, about dead people returning to a village in France.
3. Hinterland - This was filmed in Aberystwyth in Wales. It was filmed in Welsh and English, but only the English version is on Netflix. It's another detective drama, and is also excellent.
4. Lillehammer - About a mobster that goes into hiding in Norway. I really enjoyed this and there was another Sopranos character that makes a cameo as well.
5. Breaking Bad - Probably one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. First season a bit slow, but stick with it.
6. Orange is the New Black - This is a comedy drama about a rich person jailed for her past association with a drug smuggler. It is actually based on a true story, but massively embellished. Probably not to everyone's taste, but an enjoyable show that requires very little thought when watching.
There are loads of others as well, but these stick out as some of the best.