Pyramid strings

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
petermc61

Re: Pyramid strings

Post by petermc61 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 am

simonm wrote:
pug208 wrote:First, I must thank Peter for mentioning Pyramid in different threads of this forum … Pyramid might be just slightly lower in tension but the sound is much richer than the exp45.
Hmmm ...

Maybe there is a business opportunity for the "Peter & Ramon" for string consultancy. PR Strings for Happy Guitarists !!
Although seeing as they do the work free, the business plan make need some work.
Free for everybody else. Not free for me!!!

mando48

Post by mando48 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 pm

I just put on the sterling silver med. Gauge Basses.
On a Larrivee 1980 spruce/eir guitar.
Seem rather dark sounding compared to the exp daddario I
Usually use...will let them settle in and stretch out a little before
Forming a final opinion.

pima1234

Post by pima1234 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:44 am

Sorry for never replying to my original post, and thank you for all the replies.

I am so thrilled at the lifespan of these strings. It's unbelievable. I don't wear strings quickly, but this set has lasted longer than any I can remember.
What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

pima1234

Post by pima1234 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:46 am

Yes, the Sterling, for sure. Immediately apparent difference.
petermc61 wrote:
JohnB wrote:
simonm wrote:Regarding the Pyramid strings. I just grabbed their catalogue from their site site in German. There is a fair selection of strings but no mention of "sterling silver" - could these be what the German catalogue refers to as "double silver"?
Simon, the "Super Classic Sterling Silver" strings are on page 19 of the German language pdf catalogue.
Correct. The Sterling Silver are a more expensive string than the Double Silver, and worth it.
What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

acmost9

Post by acmost9 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:08 pm

The string-fest continues, I put a set of Pyramid SS basses on. They're paired with Augustine Classic Trebles.
It feels right, easy to play, smooth strings. There's a quality feel to 'em. Intonation is about as good as it's been on this guitar between the Pyramids & Aug. Classics. On my guitar, the D is brighter, the A & E a bit more muted. They have a lot of sustain and I think they carry. They sound good but they're a bit muted on my guitar. I'm not really a big thumbnail guy, somebody with nails could probably coax a brighter tone from these strings in general. All things considered relatively low tension according to the back of the package...proofreader was probably out that day, "E,B,D,G,A,E". I'm probably moving on but I wanted to try them. YMMV of course.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”