Gold Strings

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Boywithflaxenhair

Gold Strings

Post by Boywithflaxenhair » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:04 pm

My godfather keeps telling me about some store in Indiana that used to sell a variety of classical guitar strings made of gold (yes, gold). He's a reputable source with a great memory. He says they made his guitar sound like a steinway piano. I've been trying to find these legends for awhile with little luck, does anyone know anything about these?

Johnston

Post by Johnston » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:34 am

You can find some strings with gold plated basses on stringsbymail.com and if you really want to all gold there's a "Pure Gold" set in the Hannabach section fortunately the set is only 17$ :? I have absolutely no experience with any of these kind of gold strings so goodluck and let us know if they are as awesome as you expect.

Boywithflaxenhair

Post by Boywithflaxenhair » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:49 am

I'm considering getting those. The ones I was looking for are apparently out of production due to the high cost of gold. I'm keepin an eye out on e - b a y for em =p

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:43 am

I tried a set of La Bella 900B's with black trebles and gold plated basses a year or two ago, that were supposed to cut down on string noise... As much as I dread changing strings, I yanked them off after two days and went back to Savarez... They just sounded really dull and flat to me... you mileage may vary...

camytay

Post by camytay » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:34 am

My fav strings (for the past year or so, it will probably change) are Optima "Gold" strings. The strings are apparently gold coated and I really enjoy the sound and feel of them, plus the fact that they look pretty cool.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”