Aranjuez Strings, Puerto Rico hurricane

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
soltirefa

Aranjuez Strings, Puerto Rico hurricane

Post by soltirefa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm

I ordered some Aranjuez 7th strings from their 10-string set from Strings By Mail. They were put on back order and nothing happened for a long time. When I emailed to find out the status of the back order I found out that they haven't heard from the owner of Aranjuez strings in a long time and that he is in Puerto Rico that was devastated by the hurricane. Bummer. That 7th string is unique, not really another bronze-wound like it.

I ended up using my credit to buy something else.

Laudiesdad69

Re: Aranjuez Strings, Puerto Rico hurricane

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm

I just talked to Matt at SBM this morning, and he has heard from the owner of Aranjiez. The place in Puerto Rico where Aranjuez strings were being made was apparently leveled. Plans are in the works to move the operation back to the US. So, we will be able to get these strings in the future. As far as when, nobody is sure. Matt says he talked to Mr Orozco two weeks ago and he was alive and well in California. So, good news for sure.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm
I just talked to Matt at SBM this morning, and he has heard from the owner of Aranjiez. The place in Puerto Rico where Aranjuez strings were being made was apparently leveled. Plans are in the works to move the operation back to the US. So, we will be able to get these strings in the future. As far as when, nobody is sure. Matt says he talked to Mr Orozco two weeks ago and he was alive and well in California. So, good news for sure.
Thanks for the update and that is good news that eventually we can get those strings again. When that happens I'm going to order a goodly supply of those 10-string 7th strings.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 pm

No wonder I havn't heard from SBM.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 am

Aranjuez Strings still aren’t available at Strings by Mail. I wonder how long it will take them to get up and running again. I wonder when we will see these strings again.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 am

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 am
Aranjuez Strings still aren’t available at Strings by Mail. I wonder how long it will take them to get up and running again. I wonder when we will see these strings again.
Some other string manufacturer should take over making those bronze-wound larger diameter basses. I would suggest making not only the .053 inch diameter, but make a variety of diameters for those people who like other tunings besides Yepes.

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:32 am

soltirefa wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 am
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Some other string manufacturer should take over making those bronze-wound larger diameter basses. I would suggest making not only the .053 inch diameter, but make a variety of diameters for those people who like other tunings besides Yepes.
You can contact Olav Chris Henriksen at

catlines@aol.com

He can arrange to make it for you.

bensbm

Post by bensbm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Good news for all! Aranjuez has notified us that they are back in production and will be filling up our shelves very soon. Very thankful they are safe and able to get back up and running after the hurricane, making musical smiles once again! Everyone has be very thoughtful and patient waiting for their great product, thank you.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am

bensbm wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Good news for all! Aranjuez has notified us that they are back in production and will be filling up our shelves very soon. Very thankful they are safe and able to get back up and running after the hurricane, making musical smiles once again! Everyone has be very thoughtful and patient waiting for their great product, thank you.
Great news. Where did they set up? Can’t wait.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”