Savarez from China

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:27 pm

I doubt the quality. And most of them has limited model either:
1. Corum new cristal HT only
2. Corum new cristal HT basses, rectified cristal MT (***?)
3. Same model but re-packed with Vacuum pack? They claimed to keep freshness but i doubt it. Savarez will do that since first day.

It is dirt cheap from RMB14. Anyone experience buying from them and please share experience.

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Savarez from China

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 pm

Are you asking if we have any experience buying fake Savarez strings?

User avatar
guitarrista
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: Savarez from China

Post by guitarrista » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 pm
Are you asking if we have any experience buying fake Savarez strings?
:lol: +1
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

User avatar
ameriken
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm
Location: Westminster, Co USA

Re: Savarez from China

Post by ameriken » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 pm

+2.

14 RMB is what, about $2.15 USD? I wouldn't waste my money.
Amalio Burguet 1A Spruce
Takamine C-132S

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Savarez from China

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 am

It’s my understanding that Alice makes some better quality strings than the A106H set that I gave a scathing review. Why not try some of those if you can’t get real Savarez or D’Addario, or other, where you live. I’m sure their better string sets are still reasonably priced.

Pirated strings are usually low quality. You’re basically paying for the packaging. Just because it says Savarez or D’Addario doesn’t mean that you are getting quality. D’Addario has serial numbers on their sets that you can call in to verify it’s the real deal.

Why not just try to get the best quality Chinese strings you can. There is a forum member here who uses Alice titanium strings, among others, and he really likes them. Or get real Spanish, American, and French strings from Strings by Mail. They ship world wide.

If cost is the main issue, I can recommend a few good cheap sets, that I’ve tried, and continue to use, from certain e - b a y sellers. PM me if you need that info. One of the best sets I’ve used is only $4.33 a set, from a real American manufacturer.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound dismissive in my previous answer.

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 6260
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Savarez from China

Post by petermc61 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:44 am

I don’t think anybody needs to be apologising for being direct. At that price the strings are clearly, unequivocally fake. They will be the lowest of the low trading on the good reputation of Savarez. Anybody who buys them deserves to lose their cash and to get crap which will likely be unusable.

Keith
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Land of Daniel Boone

Re: Savarez from China

Post by Keith » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

besides getting crappy quality the other problem with fakes, be it watches, strings or "coach" bags, is that the money generally goes to support a host of illegal activities other than selling under a fake name. underage children working in sweatshops, hoodlum activity (pick your country and add mafia afterwards), drugs, prostitution, money laundering are but a few of the other vices often associated with selling fake products.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 am

Haha, yes, wanted to know who tried those.

I did get quote from GSI & SBM, the postage price just don't work for me. I buy one set, pay one set for postage. I am in asean country.

Laudiesdad69, what Strings is that you are mentioning. Please pm me.

Alice yes, i did tried that, Not bad. Good for practicing but for performance or serious work, i used Savarez mostly. Daddario is my second choice if i cant get genuine savarez.

Keith, i don't want to "donate" money like that :)
But the world wouldn't be harmony, if there is just the good guys exist. Am i right? I don't know, i just wanted to pluck some nylons!

Peter, thanks for the reminder. It is true, and i can imagine is not too hard to start manufacturing strings. Buy machines, hire worker, good to go.

User avatar
petermc61
Posts: 6260
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Savarez from China

Post by petermc61 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 am

nokturnal wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 am
I did get quote from GSI & SBM, the postage price just don't work for me. I buy one set, pay one set for postage. I am in asean country.

<snip>

Peter, thanks for the reminder. It is true, and i can imagine is not too hard to start manufacturing strings. Buy machines, hire worker, good to go.
Buy half a dozen or more sets at a time to reduce postage costs per set.

It may not be hard to start making strings. I suspect, however, it would be far harder to make good sounding strings with consistent intonation.

Keith
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Land of Daniel Boone

Re: Savarez from China

Post by Keith » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

i would imagine there are guitar societies in asia as well as people making a living playing classical guitar and surely they get ligit strings. why not look them up and ask them where they get their strings.

yes, one can have balance in the force but crap is still crap, be it good or evil.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 am
nokturnal wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 am
I did get quote from GSI & SBM, the postage price just don't work for me. I buy one set, pay one set for postage. I am in asean country.

<snip>

Peter, thanks for the reminder. It is true, and i can imagine is not too hard to start manufacturing strings. Buy machines, hire worker, good to go.
Buy half a dozen or more sets at a time to reduce postage costs per set.

It may not be hard to start making strings. I suspect, however, it would be far harder to make good sounding strings with consistent intonation.
I will try to buy more and check the postage prices.

Good sounding and usable strings need lots of r&d. The success of big company not one day, but sometimes the prices just don't fit my wallet, especially savarez. Is love and hate.

nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 am

Been clicking at SBM website, choose strings in bulk and i got this kind of postage charges, i give up! Is just some combo of trebles and bass strings ranging savarez, augustine imperial, la bella.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 am

Well i do not give up actually, got a surprise the postage is relatively low, like shipping locally within US. Overlooked the first one. Looks like it takes near a month to reach, tentatively.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

es335
Posts: 1377
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Savarez from China

Post by es335 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:09 pm

nokturnal wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 am
Well i do not give up actually, got a surprise the postage is relatively low, like shipping locally within US. Overlooked the first one. Looks like it takes near a month to reach, tentatively.
This varies and depends IMHO mainly on the purchase value resp. the national tax and VAT free limit of the origin country, which is for instance 22€ for Germany. So whenever the goods value is below or equal this limit, the delivery time is quite reliably max. 10 days and the package bear this nice little green tax lable. :D

Above 22€ it can become completely unpredictable from 10 days up to 3 months, which may vary in other countries.

Good luck!

nokturnal
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Savarez from China

Post by nokturnal » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:53 pm

es335 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:09 pm
nokturnal wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 am
Well i do not give up actually, got a surprise the postage is relatively low, like shipping locally within US. Overlooked the first one. Looks like it takes near a month to reach, tentatively.
This varies and depends IMHO mainly on the purchase value resp. the national tax and VAT free limit of the origin country, which is for instance 22€ for Germany. So whenever the goods value is below or equal this limit, the delivery time is quite reliably max. 10 days and the package bear this nice little green tax lable. :D

Above 22€ it can become completely unpredictable from 10 days up to 3 months, which may vary in other countries.

Good luck!
Thanks es. I will try this at once, hope i do not get addicted to it too much.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”