Aranjuez A200 Spanish Silver

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
rojarosguitar

Aranjuez A200 Spanish Silver

Post by rojarosguitar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Just tried this set Aranjuez Spanish Silver A200 'Low Gauge' on my Alexandru Marin Spruce/Maple CG and I must say I'm very pleasantly surprized.

It's quite long ago that I had used Aranjuez strings and I remembered them as quite mediocre, but these strings are very nice.

They are not as light tension as I would expect from the name, somewhere in between Augustine Black and D'Addario EJ45, but have nice well defined basses and quite brilliant black nylon trebles. Well balanced set. I'm curious how long they will hold. I'll let you know.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents
My homepage is: https://www.live-arts.de

rojarosguitar

Re: Aranjuez A200 Spanish Silver

Post by rojarosguitar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Just to add: The strings settled surprisingly fast; basically after less than one they they more or less keep the tuning. The trebles are rich and bright for nylons, though not as full and round in sound as Imperials (which are of course also significantly higher tension)
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Just to keep anybody interested in low tension strings informed: The Aranjuez A200 spanish silver low gauge set takes now my number one place. I just love them. They are quick, rich and full of everything I need. I'm sure they are worth trying on any guitar that works well with lower tension strings, which are many ...

Contreras

Post by Contreras » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Interesting ...And of course, now I have to give them a try ...
Thanks a lot, Pal! :?

I've reckon almost all (bass) strings are going to sound pretty good and fresh when they just go on. How they hold up a week or two later is the acid test ... And it's very difficult to be objective.

Even 'standardised' recordings don't seem that helpful to me .. I'm veering towards a very subjective attitude along the lines of "I really like the way my guitar sounds with these strings on, and they seem to last very well"
Currently 'these strings' are Pyramids (thanks Peter) ... They may be a bit more costly, but currently I'm only stringing one guitar, so cost is secondary.
1929 Francisco Simplicio
1997 Manuel Contreras Doble tapa

Douglass Scott
Luthier

Post by Douglass Scott » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:47 pm

I've never tried their AR200, but have you tried Aranjuez Concert Gold 700? Also a low tension set that's not actually all that low. Also with brilliant trebles that on some guitars have amazing sustain for some reason. I wonder how they'd compare with the AR200 set that you like? Anyways, if you haven't tried them yet, you might like to.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks for the hint; I will order a set with my next order.

harryf

Post by harryf » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Just took a look at the Concert Gold 700 set on SBM. I noticed that the trebles seem to be the same as those on the Suave Silver 800 set judging by the description and that they trebles are available as a treble set and individual strings unlike those listed in the Suave Silver 800 set. I also noticed that they have a wound 3rd string available, part number 703_Phos. Has anybody tried this 3rd string?
Teodoro Perez "Madrid" SP/IN

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 pm

From the description I can find the treble set of A700 Gold is transparent nylon 'calibrada' whereas they say about the trebles of A800 Suave Silver 'new marron calibrada'. So I would rather guess they are not same ...

harryf

Post by harryf » Tue May 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Rojarosguitar: You are quite right. The AR700 trebles are not the same as the AR800 trebles. Just received the AR700 and they are a transparent blue-green color as compared to the purplish color of the AR800 trebles. Both are labeled "Calibrada". Both have the same diameters. The AR800 look a lot like the titanium trebles I have tried. I can't really tell if they sound different for sure, but I think they do. I think I will describe the AR700 set in a separate thread as I have also tried the wound 3rd string with this set.
Teodoro Perez "Madrid" SP/IN

Douglass Scott
Luthier

Post by Douglass Scott » Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 pm

the purplish colour of titanium strings, I've been told by a string manufacturer, is just an arbitrary aesthetic thing unrelated to the materials in the string that give them their sound. Titanium strings could be clear just the same as any nylon strings. I'd bet the same goes for Aranjuez strings.

Having said that, I do feel there is a similarity in sound between the AR700 trebles and titanium strings. Entirely subjective on my part though...

But I haven't tried their wound third, let us know if you do.

es335

Post by es335 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 pm

harryf wrote:Rojarosguitar: You are quite right. The AR700 trebles are not the same as the AR800 trebles. Just received the AR700 and they are a transparent blue-green color as compared to the purplish color of the AR800 trebles. Both are labeled "Calibrada". Both have the same diameters. The AR800 look a lot like the titanium trebles I have tried. I can't really tell if they sound different for sure, but I think they do. I think I will describe the AR700 set in a separate thread as I have also tried the wound 3rd string with this set.
All Aranjuez trebles are labeled "Calibrada" to document that their precision had been improved.

The A800 trebles look and are advertised like Titanium type strings but actually do have a very warm and sweet tone ... not only in my perception.

The A700 trebles should be "regular" Nylon and in gauge identical to their Spanish Silver set A200. :wink:

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:11 am

I wanted to come back to report that I still find the Aranjuez A200 LT set (which is slightly harder than Labella 2001 LT) is a very good set and very durable. I find it also well balanced and the g string is among the best nylon g strings I know.

Next time I change the strings I will put on the Suave Silver 800 to compare ...

Leo

Post by Leo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:42 pm

rojarosguitar wrote:I wanted to come back to report that I still find the Aranjuez A200 LT set (which is slightly harder than Labella 2001 LT) is a very good set and very durable. I find it also well balanced and the g string is among the best nylon g strings I know.

Next time I change the strings I will put on the Suave Silver 800 to compare ...
Thanks, let us know. I am about to do the opposite, I have a set of Suave 800's on my guitar and will change to the 200's within a month from now. I also think the Suave 800's nylon g string is about the best g string available that I have tried. Maybe they are about the same in quality? :wink:
2012 Hippner, Spruce-birdseye maple
1985 Takamine C-132S

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 am

rojarosguitar wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:11 am
I wanted to come back to report that I still find the Aranjuez A200 LT set (which is slightly harder than Labella 2001 LT) is a very good set and very durable. I find it also well balanced and the g string is among the best nylon g strings I know.

Robert

This is years old, I know. You still like to share something on A200 vs A800? You still use either of them regularly? On a Flamenco or Classic guitar?

Thanks
Joachim

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

I use them from time to time, but somehow they didn't become my favored strings, and I ran out of my stock. I'm using up other strings I have collected (too many, actually :D). When I have emptied my stock significantly, I might buy some Aranjuez again. Actually I didn't try the Aranjuez 800 set yet, stupidly ...

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”