Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Daniel Nistico
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Virginia, USA (for now)

Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Daniel Nistico » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am

Dear Delcamp members,

I run a blog called The Resourceful Guitarist, which aims to make you a more resourceful guitarist by providing easy access to rare method books and scores. The latest post is on Schubert Lieder arranged for guitar by Diabelli.

You can read the post and download the scores at: http://www.danielnistico.net/schubert-lieder.html

Here is a video of my wife (on flute) and I playing one of the arrangements, Frühlingsglaube (Faith in Spring). If you currently reside in the northern hemisphere then I'm sure you can relate to this song!



I also wanted to share a couple of extra scores, just as a bonus for you Delcamp members. These are a bit easier to find than the Diabelli arrangements -

6 Schubert Lieder, arranged by J.K. Mertz: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _mertz.pdf
Ave Maria, arranged by Napoleon Coste: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _coste.pdf

In addition to sharing scores, I also provide videos, recordings and translations. I hope that one day this research will lead to things like:
- University/College departments dedicated to 19th century performance practice
- An annual music festival dedicated to 19th century music and performance practice
- Professional studio recordings of the music found in this blog (Pratten, Chopin, Rung, Schulz, etc.)
- Printed versions of all scores, methods, books, etc.
- Collaborations with flutists, pianists, guitarists, violinists, and vocalists

Please consider becoming a patron so that I can keep sharing resources like this, but more importantly so that these rare treasures of the guitar's history can be more widely appreciated. There are different levels of patronage, starting from $5 per month and going up to $50 per month. Each level of patronage receives perks such as recordings, books and Skype lessons. I hope you'll join me on this quest! Find out more at http://www.danielnistico.net/the-resour ... arist.html

Thank you,
Daniel

richtm
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by richtm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:02 am

Thanks Daniel, nice insights and Info - also your web page is a real resource :D
Greatings from Hamburg :merci:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:40 am

:merci: very much, Daniel.

I play another version of Schubert's Ave Maria (by Daniel Fortea), but I think Coste's transcription is more interesting. And this one is not in public domaine!

Very interesting blog.

:bravo:
D06 Student

Daniel Nistico
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Virginia, USA (for now)

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Daniel Nistico » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you both!

Jesús, I believe the Coste arrangement is public domain, as I found it in the The Rischel & Birket-Smith Collection: The Royal Library of Denmark digitized collection. I always try to share public domain resources :)

In case anyone is wondering what's coming next, here is my rough plan:

1) A very obscure method book in three volumes by Luigi Mozzani, which has extremely difficult exercises in it! Here is the preface that he wrote:

"For those who seriously contemplate the study of the guitar the method here presented is solely intended. It is the result of many years of attentive study on the part of the systems of leading masters including J.K. Mertz, Luigi Legnani, Ferdinand Sor, Mauro Giuliani and Giulio Regondi whose best ideas have afforded considerable inspiration for this achievement. Those who become adept in this method will have no difficulty in attaining the facility of execution which characterizes the old masters and acquiring their compositions in addition to the other productions of the author."

2) Gorgeous character pieces by Ernest Shand, who was a student of Catharina (Mme. Sidney) Pratten

3) Wonderful arrangements of Haydn by Francois de Fossa

You can subscribe to my mailing list to immediately be informed of these postings: http://www.danielnistico.net/

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Daniel Nistico wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 pm
Thank you both!

Jesús, I believe the Coste arrangement is public domain, as I found it in the The Rischel & Birket-Smith Collection: The Royal Library of Denmark digitized collection. I always try to share public domain resources :)

In case anyone is wondering what's coming next, here is my rough plan:

1) A very obscure method book in three volumes by Luigi Mozzani, which has extremely difficult exercises in it! Here is the preface that he wrote:

"For those who seriously contemplate the study of the guitar the method here presented is solely intended. It is the result of many years of attentive study on the part of the systems of leading masters including J.K. Mertz, Luigi Legnani, Ferdinand Sor, Mauro Giuliani and Giulio Regondi whose best ideas have afforded considerable inspiration for this achievement. Those who become adept in this method will have no difficulty in attaining the facility of execution which characterizes the old masters and acquiring their compositions in addition to the other productions of the author."

2) Gorgeous character pieces by Ernest Shand, who was a student of Catharina (Mme. Sidney) Pratten

3) Wonderful arrangements of Haydn by Francois de Fossa

You can subscribe to my mailing list to immediately be informed of these postings: http://www.danielnistico.net/
You are right. The transcription by Fortea is not public domaine. Of course, the Coste's transcription is. My english is not good enough :oops: and my message was misunderstood.
D06 Student

Daniel Nistico
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Virginia, USA (for now)

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Daniel Nistico » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 pm

My apologies for misunderstanding you! Now that you have told me, I understand what you were saying :)

I hadn't heard of Fortea's transcription before, but I'm glad you think the Coste version is more interesting (because it's free!). There is so much interesting music to find now that we have the Internet!! I hope you enjoy Ave Maria :D

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

:okok:
D06 Student

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 am

Daniel Nistico wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am
Dear Delcamp members,

I run a blog called The Resourceful Guitarist, which aims to make you a more resourceful guitarist by providing easy access to rare method books and scores. The latest post is on Schubert Lieder arranged for guitar by Diabelli.

You can read the post and download the scores at: http://www.danielnistico.net/schubert-lieder.html

Here is a video of my wife (on flute) and I playing one of the arrangements, Frühlingsglaube (Faith in Spring). If you currently reside in the northern hemisphere then I'm sure you can relate to this song!



I also wanted to share a couple of extra scores, just as a bonus for you Delcamp members. These are a bit easier to find than the Diabelli arrangements -

6 Schubert Lieder, arranged by J.K. Mertz: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _mertz.pdf
Ave Maria, arranged by Napoleon Coste: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _coste.pdf

In addition to sharing scores, I also provide videos, recordings and translations. I hope that one day this research will lead to things like:
- University/College departments dedicated to 19th century performance practice
- An annual music festival dedicated to 19th century music and performance practice
- Professional studio recordings of the music found in this blog (Pratten, Chopin, Rung, Schulz, etc.)
- Printed versions of all scores, methods, books, etc.
- Collaborations with flutists, pianists, guitarists, violinists, and vocalists

Please consider becoming a patron so that I can keep sharing resources like this, but more importantly so that these rare treasures of the guitar's history can be more widely appreciated. There are different levels of patronage, starting from $5 per month and going up to $50 per month. Each level of patronage receives perks such as recordings, books and Skype lessons. I hope you'll join me on this quest! Find out more at http://www.danielnistico.net/the-resour ... arist.html

Thank you,
Daniel
Dear Daniel,

You have wrote in your web page on Diabelli arrengements: "I believe most, if not all songs are from the cycle Die schöne Müllerin (The Lovely Mill-Maiden)". All the cycle Die schöne Müllerin is composed by Schubert on lyrics of Wilhelm Müller. The lieder "Frühlingsglaube", with lyrics of Ludwig Uhland, and "Nacht und Träume", with lyrics of Friedrich von Schiller, are not from "Die schöne Müllerin". You can see that in the Lieder Titles "Gedicht von ...", i.e. "Poem of ..."

Another thing. I think there is a misprint in Coste's arrangement of Schubert's Ave Maria. In measure 6, second part, B is natural (as in singing part), not sharp; the printer has ommitted the sign to undo the previous sharp.

:bye:
Last edited by Jesús Morote on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D06 Student

Daniel Nistico
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Virginia, USA (for now)

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Daniel Nistico » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Dear Jesús,

Thank you for looking into those details for the Schubert! I will amend those details on the page.

And thanks for catching the misprint in the Coste. I really appreciate your time finding those things and informing me about them!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Daniel Nistico wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:08 pm
Dear Jesús,

Thank you for looking into those details for the Schubert! I will amend those details on the page.

And thanks for catching the misprint in the Coste. I really appreciate your time finding those things and informing me about them!

Kind regards,
Daniel
Thank you for posting these very interesting scores.

Excellent your record of Frühlingsglaube! :bravo:
D06 Student

Jesús Morote
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: Mallorca - Spain

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Jesús Morote » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 pm

I have found another misprint in Coste's arrangement of Schubert's Ave Maria (following the Schubert's original score for piano). In measure 3 the last two D are natural; the printer has ommitted the sign to undo the previous sharp.

:bye:
D06 Student

Daniel Nistico
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Location: Virginia, USA (for now)

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Daniel Nistico » Thu May 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Thank you Jesús for your lovely comments and for finding more errors in the score!!

musicbyandy
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by musicbyandy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Daniel Nistico wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am
Dear Delcamp members,

I run a blog called The Resourceful Guitarist, which aims to make you a more resourceful guitarist by providing easy access to rare method books and scores. The latest post is on Schubert Lieder arranged for guitar by Diabelli.

You can read the post and download the scores at: http://www.danielnistico.net/schubert-lieder.html

Here is a video of my wife (on flute) and I playing one of the arrangements, Frühlingsglaube (Faith in Spring). If you currently reside in the northern hemisphere then I'm sure you can relate to this song!



I also wanted to share a couple of extra scores, just as a bonus for you Delcamp members. These are a bit easier to find than the Diabelli arrangements -

6 Schubert Lieder, arranged by J.K. Mertz: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _mertz.pdf
Ave Maria, arranged by Napoleon Coste: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _coste.pdf

In addition to sharing scores, I also provide videos, recordings and translations. I hope that one day this research will lead to things like:
- University/College departments dedicated to 19th century performance practice
- An annual music festival dedicated to 19th century music and performance practice
- Professional studio recordings of the music found in this blog (Pratten, Chopin, Rung, Schulz, etc.)
- Printed versions of all scores, methods, books, etc.
- Collaborations with flutists, pianists, guitarists, violinists, and vocalists

Please consider becoming a patron so that I can keep sharing resources like this, but more importantly so that these rare treasures of the guitar's history can be more widely appreciated. There are different levels of patronage, starting from $5 per month and going up to $50 per month. Each level of patronage receives perks such as recordings, books and Skype lessons. I hope you'll join me on this quest! Find out more at http://www.danielnistico.net/the-resour ... arist.html

Thank you,
Daniel
Will you print modern editions of Stephen Foster's songs for voice and guitar?

musicbyandy
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by musicbyandy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Daniel Nistico wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am
You can read the post and download the scores at: http://www.danielnistico.net/schubert-lieder.html
From where did you obtain these Diabelli arrangements? Thank you for posting these arrangements.

Smith
Posts: 1637
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 am

Re: Schubert Lieder arr. for guitar by Diabelli (plus extra bonuses for you)

Post by Smith » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 am

Great project! I’ll try to keep up.

Return to “Members' Announcements”