Chopin Prelude 15, op.28 (arr. Tarrega): video and score

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Daniel Nistico

Chopin Prelude 15, op.28 (arr. Tarrega): video and score

Post by Daniel Nistico » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to share a beautiful Chopin arrangement with you. It's public domain, but not easy to find online - I happened to find it on the National Library of Spain's digitized collection. Please share and leave a comment if you enjoy the recording :D

Score: http://www.danielnistico.net/uploads/3/ ... _op_28.pdf

Thanks!
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dmcmurray

Re: Chopin Prelude 15, op.28 (arr. Tarrega): video and score

Post by dmcmurray » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 am

Beautiful and nicely played. I am always amazed how well Chopin transcribes for guitar. My younger brother is a trained classical pianist and I listened to so much Chopin growing up, its fresh and new hearing it on guitar.
2013 Connor Spruce/Brazilian
1979 Ramirez 1a Cedar/IR
1996 Carpio Spruce/IR
1998 Joiner Cedar/Maple

Traveller

Post by Traveller » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:51 am

Thank you for recording and posting this. It is beautiful and well done.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:12 am

It's a beautiful piece, very good arrangement, and very sensitively played. Well done. But do you really need so much reverb? Subjective, of course, but I think you would sound better with less of it.

Thanks for the score.

andries veldhuis

Post by andries veldhuis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Loved it, thank you very much, beautiful played.

richtm

Post by richtm » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm

The rain-drop-prelude - one of my favorites on the piano now in range for the guitar :D
Thank you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Schneider

Post by Schneider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:07 am

I don't like Tarrega's arrangement of Chopin. That's probably why I never took a look at this piece and missed your post.
It is absoluetely gorgeous! And nicely played !!
Thank you very much Daniel ;)

ama760

Post by ama760 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:37 am

Thank you so much. I love Chopin and and I love Tárrega, and this is a beautiful transcription of the piano piece, which is one of evetone’s favorite pieces, and for good reason. Chopin played in Salons. His performances were very intimate. Your performance was was in the spirit of Chopin. I was very moved.

Daniel Nistico

Post by Daniel Nistico » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! Rob, I very much admire your work (I watch your videos!) and appreciate your thoughts about the reverb. I personally like adding quite a bit, but perhaps I will try adding less in future videos :)

I hope you all enjoy playing this beautiful music and stay tuned for more Chopin!

(p.s. you might have noticed that the version I play is different to the score I attached. That's because I learned it from a modern reprint of Tarrega's transcriptions. That modern edition has quite different fingerings and omits around 4 bars from the ending, which are present in the piano version. I personally think the version I attached is better in every respect and apologize that I happened to record something a little different).

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Oh, Daniel, just ignore me. Do what feels right to you. I'm developing into a grumpy old man, and grumpy old men enjoy being grumpy, and are best just ignored. I loved your playing, and look forward to hearing more.

slidika

Post by slidika » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:13 pm

A pleasant song, pleasantly played. Thanks! :bravo:
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

Return to “Members' Announcements”