Free Ebook on Brazilian rhythms for guitar

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
rcguitar

Free Ebook on Brazilian rhythms for guitar

Post by rcguitar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Dear members,
Allow me, please, to introduce myself. I have been teaching classical guitar and the so-called Brazilian guitar style in Brazil since 1991. I studied classical guitar and graduated in music composition. I worked in several music schools like the Conservatório Musical Souza Lima, and the EMESP in São Paulo, Brazil. I have also been a faculty member at the Los Angeles Guitar Academy since 2016.

I am happy to share with you my free Ebook on Brazilian rhythms for guitar. The book is in PDF format and contains enbedded audio, so you just have to click the play buttons to hear the examples. The book features the most popular Brazilian rhythms and their variations written in standard notation with guitar tabs. There are also brief descriptions about the origin and peculiarities of the rhythms at the beginnig of each chapter

Rhythms in the book:

Choro, Marchinha, Frevo, Samba, Xote, Baião, Xaxado, and Bossa Nova.

In order to hear the examples you must download the book and open it with Adobe Reader or any PDF reader that supports multimedia. The filesize is about 30Mb due to embedded audio.

The Ebook was created for use in desktops. You can still read and hear the examples on mobile devices by following the instructions below.
- Users of iPhone, Ipad, and Android devices - Use FoxIt Reader. You can download the application from the respective store.
- Desktop users - use Adobe Reader or FoxIt Reader. For most people, this will work. If you get a message saying that "the required audio codec can not be found," or something like that, download the K-Lite codec package or a similar codec pack for Mac and it should be enough.
- Sound clips do not work if you open the PDF file using the internet browser. You have to download the file and open it locally.

Link to direct download:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... QWIw1a8z_M

Link to open the PDF in the browser (the embedded audio doesn't work unless you download the book and open it as described above):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypfyH6 ... sp=sharing

I hope the book can be useful for you.

Best regards,
Renato Candro
Last edited by rcguitar on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning is the best in life.

Smudger5150

Re: Free Ebook on Brazilian rhythms for guitar

Post by Smudger5150 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks for that - looks good.
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

msenecal

Post by msenecal » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Thank you so much! I look forward to exploring your work.

Steve Ganz
Luthier

Post by Steve Ganz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you Renato.
Steve

rwe

Post by rwe » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Great! Thank you so much!

KlaBueBaer

Post by KlaBueBaer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 am

Great! Thank you so much!
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria Maestro MH100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

slidika

Post by slidika » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:24 am

Downloaded -- about to check it out. Many thanks!
Whenever I am not ready for my music lesson, I call it 'facing the music'.

rcguitar

Post by rcguitar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Thank you guys for downloading the book. Let me know, please, if you have any questions about the content or if you find any mistake in it.
I'd kindly ask that you share the book in any other forum where you are an active member if you feel the book is good enough for this.

All the best.

Marieh

Post by Marieh » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Nice !
:bravo: :merci:

griewa

Post by griewa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:24 pm

HI:

THank you for uploading this. I am interested in Choro and this is helpful to start with. I am looking for a guide to playing Choro baixarias as well.

SteveL123

Post by SteveL123 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Renato,

Thanks for making this ebook available! I downloaded the 30 MB file on my Chromebook as well as my iMac but was unable to play any of the embedded audio files (nothing happens when I click the links). I then installed "Adobe Content Viewer offline extension for Chrome" on my Chromebook, that didn't help. I have not tried installing any "help" apps on the iMac yet.

Anyone else having this problem?

rcguitar

Post by rcguitar » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am

Hello people,

The Ebook was created for use in desktops. You can still read and hear the examples on mobile devices by following the instructions below.
- Users of iPhone, Ipad, and Android devices - Use FoxIt Reader. You can download the application from the respective store.
- Desktop users - use Adobe Reader or FoxIt Reader. For most people, this will work. If you get a message saying that "the required audio codec can not be found," or something like that, download the K-Lite codec package or a similar codec pack for Mac and it should be enough.
- Sound clips do not work if you open the PDF file using the internet browser. You have to download the file and open it locally.

All the best

Frousse

Post by Frousse » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

A great thank you to you!

TheGreatKat

Post by TheGreatKat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Wow! Thank you very much! That is actually what I was looking for. I love playing brazilian music and it's nice to have kind of summary of brazilian rhythms! Great!
Thanks again!

Brian99

Post by Brian99 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:06 am

thanks, its very helpful to hear the rhythms played
Brian

Return to “Members' Announcements”