New glue at GuitarPlayerNails.com

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
davekear

New glue at GuitarPlayerNails.com

Post by davekear » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 pm

We have a great new fingernail glue at guitarplayernails.com that works really well for nails. This is from our site:

This is the same type cyanoacrylate glue that Dr's and veterinarians use for sutures. An equivalent to this glue is "Vetbond tissue adhesive". They sell 0.1 oz of that for about $20.00. We have 1/2 oz bottles (5 times as much) for $11.95.
n-Butyl fingernail glue is different from standard types of fingernail glue, (ethyl cyanoacrylate). It's less brittle, and has no irritating odors. It's very thin, wicks very well, and when used correctly, it makes a great, durable fingernail glue. Also works great as a nail hardener/protector for natural nails. Add n-Butyl glue to the natural nail to make a tough, durable fingernail. It works well as a fingernail protector because it's less brittle, and it doesn't add as much brittleness to the underlying nail as regular fingernail glues. Apply thin coats with, or without wrap for strengthening natural and pre-formed nails.

This glue works great with our pre-formed nails. Our pre-formed nails are only 22 cents each, (less in packs of 50) so they're easy to try, and sound great.I mostly use our 19/32 size with wrap. Here's a sample of what our nails sound like. This is on a Takamine tc132sc recorded directly to an inexpensive video camera.

celestemcc

Re: New glue at GuitarPlayerNails.com

Post by celestemcc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:25 pm

I have some of this stuff from Dave, I really like it. Thin and easy to work with. I use Dave's method of taking up a drop of this glue in a pipette to adhere a pre-formed nail, and then to get into those little gaps around and under it. Adheres incredibly well and does seem to leave my natural nail less brittle. I recommend it highly whatever kind of nail you use.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

celestemcc

Re: New glue at GuitarPlayerNails.com

Post by celestemcc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:03 pm

I have some of this stuff from Dave, I really like it. Thin and easy to work with. I use Dave's method of taking up a drop of this glue in a pipette to adhere a pre-formed nail, and then to get into those little gaps around and under it. Adheres incredibly well and does seem to leave my natural nail less brittle. I recommend it highly whatever kind of nail you use.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Return to “Members' Announcements”