New publication "There Were Stars"

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
andyjimwilliams

New publication "There Were Stars"

Post by andyjimwilliams » Wed May 01, 2019 5:07 pm

I am happy to say another of my pieces was published yesterday by Bergmann Edition. The tremolo study "There Were Stars" is now available in a beautiful edition, very elegant on the page, and including a shorthand notation version (tremolo written in full takes such a lot of room on the page: the shorthand saves you turning over the pages).

You can find the piece at

https://bergmann-edition.com/products/w ... were-stars

Here is the publisher's blurb:

"There are only a handful of standard tremolo pieces in the regular classical repertoire – Tarrega’s “Recuerdos de la Alhambra”; Barrios’s “Una Limosnita Por Amor de Dios” and “Un Sueño en la Floresta”; Sainz de la Maza’s “Campanas del Alba”; Regondi’s “Reverie”….a guitarist spends a thousand hours perfecting the technique, but has only a few concert pieces to choose from.
This extended tremolo piece “There Were Stars” will challenge the most advanced player, and provides a fine canvas for expressive interpretation. It has a clear, pure melody in the tremolo. The ‘thumb’ part is not a simple arpeggio accompaniment, but has its own satisfying melodic passages that weave around the tremolo part and complement its harmonic movement.
The composer plays his own interpretation at -

but would be the first to say that it needs the skills of a concert guitarist to bring out its full potential."

Thanks for having a look at this - I do hope someone of a good enough standard will record a version to do it justice.

Andrew Williams

Return to “Members' Announcements”